More turbo questions

ALblackT

Finally getting around to fixing my puck leak and got an up close and personal look at the turbine wheel.
1375360746256.jpg

It measures 60 mm. Any one know what size turbo this is?
And to the elephant in the room, how much power an I losing to that bent blade, and broken one?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hard to tell from the pic. Most turbos will have the model numbers stamped on the inside of the compressor outlet. Looks pretty well used and at the end of it's life.

I figured as much. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Inlet stamp
1375378335429.jpg

That's all I see inside the inlet. Is that just the housing size? Bison abbr new a message saying that he thought this was a ta60. Said it should have 11 blades abs measure 59mm. Mine has 10 blades and measures 60mm. So I'm guessing this isn't a ta60. Cause if anyone would know, he would.

Either a TE or TA-60. I would go count the fins on mine but its in the shop.

Well I gave work turbochargers a call to ask about a replacement. And after asking to see some pictures of mine, he let me know that it was one of his. Only a very worn out version. He said it was a stage 5 turbine wheel and a te60 turbo.
Glad to find out for sure what it is, not so much to find out its trashed.

Betting finding it now than later for sure. You don't want to find out what happens when it decides to blow up :(.

Indeed it is supposed to be 62, apparently it's been on a diet, exercising on the housing.