Morel Roller Hyd Lifters Noisy

noisy valve train

If they got quiet leave them alone .015 is not going to do much
Mike

i have a simular problem with iron heads 212cc,t&ds already changed 853,s to 885,s most of my noise is coming from #6 cyl. tapping just wandering if everybody else that has tapping noise is coming from #6 are all over the mine is quiet idling but touch the gas and tap tap tap?

Well guys I must say it is nice to hear from some customers with good reports for a change instead of always gloom and doom. After a while that gets old, especially when we know others are having good luck, thanks,
Mike

It seems as though people jump on here and post up bad experiences before good with products anymore. A few do it but most dont

Well guys I must say it is nice to hear from some customers with good reports for a change instead of always gloom and doom. After a while that gets old, especially when we know others are having good luck, thanks,
Mike

The guys at the last MAGNA meet in June can verify that it is as quite as a stock motor, no singer sewing machine sound either.
I really didn't want to spend the money on a roller cam, roller rockers ........ but now that the motor is done. I'm glad that I took the extra time and $$$ for the roller kit. Plus Mike went the extra mile for me with the push rods, GREAT customer service! :)

Chuck

Plus Mike went the extra mile for me with the push rods, GREAT customer service! :)

I hope he doesn't mind babysitting me thru the pushrod selection process too. ;)

I will hopefully soon be getting my heads back from the machine shop... and will need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb. The stock rocker setup had a ton of shims under the shaft... so I'm not sure if my existing pushrods will work with my new roller rockers...
It was noisey as sh!t anyway, so I'm sure it will need different length pushrods. (maybe shorter?)

I hope he doesn't mind babysitting me thru the pushrod selection process too. ;)

I will hopefully soon be getting my heads back from the machine shop... and will need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb. The stock rocker setup had a ton of shims under the shaft... so I'm not sure if my existing pushrods will work with my new roller rockers...
It was noisey as sh!t anyway, so I'm sure it will need different length pushrods. (maybe shorter?)

I got the roller cam kit (cam, lifters, push rods(a good bit different in length from the stock rods), valve springs, cups and keepers) from Mike. And with my T&D roller rocker instructions, a magnetic base and indicator I measured the depth that the set screws where below the roller rocker face. It was time consuming to get it right but worth the extra time.

Chuck

Yullose...what kind of rocker arms do you have??

Bob

I ordered them from Full Throttle... Not sure who's he sells... but they look like Harland Sharps. I couldn't justify the extra $100 for the T&D's that TA sells.

Are the rocker levers orange?? If yes, are there instructions on adjusting screw location?

1.55:1, 1.60:1, or 1.65:1 ???

I think I know the answer but want to confirm it independently...will be glad to correspond or talk with you off line regarding my setup efforts and results so far...

Just updated my signature...fyi

Thx, Bob

I ordered the 1.55's since the cam already has .548 lift at that ratio.

They look like they are orange in the pictures... I haven't seen them in person. I had them drop shipped right to my machine shop.

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

295S600355K.jpg

Attached pic is the cam I'm using...

Attachments

• GN%20cam%20specs.JPG
    GN%20cam%20specs.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 242
I ordered the 1.55's since the cam already has .548 lift at that ratio.

They look like they are orange in the pictures... I haven't seen them in person. I had them drop shipped right to my machine shop.

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

295S600355K.jpg

Attached pic is the cam I'm using...

Just FYI...My Harland Sharps were assembled incorrectly, 2 of the rockers were switched so that the clearancing that's supposed to be pointed towards the pedestal were pointed away from the pedestal.

I caught it when I disassembled the motor over the winter, but it have been running that way for YEARS before I owned the car...Don't know how they didn't hit they were CLOSE.