Morel Roller Hyd Lifters Noisy

We have many customers with the Comp lifters and quite setups but we have had requests for the Morel liters so we now have them in stock with the correct pushrods for Iron or Aluminum heads. We also offer the Morel Lifter in our roller cam kit, the bonus is it is less money with the Morel
Mike

We have many customers with the Comp lifters and quite setups but we have had requests for the Morel liters so we now have them in stock with the correct pushrods for Iron or Aluminum heads. We also offer the Morel Lifter in our roller cam kit, the bonus is it is less money with the Morel
Mike

That's awesome,I was hoping you would do this!

I will keep this thread going as i have 1 or 2 lifters that are still noisy ,no i have not driven the car and the only change i have done since the last post is add .015 preload to the .025 and ADD a extra rubber gasket glued to the RJC spacer as my 1.65 TD ROCKERS were hitting the stock covers......one thing i did notice is i changed type of oil i used rottela 15 40 and now valvoline vr1 20 50,,,the change has been in hot idle rottlela 10 to 15 psi....valvoline 25 to 30 ...i realize it is thicker but.:eek:

how many of you with the noisy lifters are getting knock on a caspers gauge and under what conditions are you getting it? all the time, during engine start, hard acceleration, soft acceleration ? idle, cruising ,high rpm low rpm ? and what is the casper light going up to green yellow red ?

Is there a visual difference between the comp 885's and the 853's,and what is it? I,m just just curious what i replaced with my new noisey morel lifters.

WELL I finally replaced the pair of lifters that were noisy ....AND YES THE MOTOR IS NICE AND QUIET NOW....without going into detail i believe that the lifter was NOT AT FAULT but something happened during the installation to cause the lifter to malfunction,,,,but now its purrrring like a kitten.:)

I never got any knock rom it that i know of. And i just switched to Valv VR1 20w50 and it made a big diff for me as well. Quieted it down a tad and bumped up the oil pressure. It is summer and i think 10w30 is a tad thin, maybe 15w40 is better in the winter months.

WELL I finally replaced the pair of lifters that were noisy ....AND YES THE MOTOR IS NICE AND QUIET NOW....without going into detail i believe that the lifter was NOT AT FAULT but something happened during the installation to cause the lifter to malfunction,,,,but now its purrrring like a kitten.:)

Now get that CAR on the track and pull some times....PLEASE:D

There are two types of turbo buick owners ...The ones that go out and beat the C--- out of the poor car and the ones that appreciate a nice piece of turbo muscle car from the past...:)

There are two types of turbo buick owners ...The ones that go out and beat the C--- out of the poor car and the ones that appreciate a nice piece of turbo muscle car from the past...:)

I GIVE UP WITH YOU................................................:(

i have discovered the end all cure for noisey lifters!!!! 3.5 single shot exhaust with a 3.5 magnaflow muffler lol i never ever hear the lifters will cruzing and barley when idling

Mike

Mike,

I have your roller cam kit in my car with the Comp lifters and it is quite. I was very perticular though when I set-up the valve train, paying particular attention to the length of the push rods. I ended up sending my rods back in exchange for some shorter ones. And the new rods where perfect, the roller rocker set screw was flush with the bottom of the rocker arm.
Thank's for my quiet valve train on the fresh motor!

Chuck

Chuck, thanks for posting that. I have been saying all along that proper setup is the key to making any kit quiet.
Mike

Mike,

I have your roller cam kit in my car with the Comp lifters and it is quite. I was very perticular though when I set-up the valve train, paying particular attention to the length of the push rods. I ended up sending my rods back in exchange for some shorter ones. And the new rods where perfect, the roller rocker set screw was flush with the bottom of the rocker arm.
Thank's for my quiet valve train on the fresh motor!

Chuck

X2 Custom pushrods & correct geometry & it purrs like a kitten with a 210-215 cam.

For people wanting to know if their valve train geometry is ok ,,,do a search on the web ...LUNATI VALVE TRAIN GEOMETRY

Well guys I must say it is nice to hear from some customers with good reports for a change instead of always gloom and doom. After a while that gets old, especially when we know others are having good luck, thanks,
Mike

Well guys I must say it is nice to hear from some customers with good reports for a change instead of always gloom and doom. After a while that gets old, especially when we know others are having good luck, thanks,
Mike

Exactly Mike! Some people just bolt it all on without checking & then complain about noise. Set it up correctly & if there are no faulty parts it shouldnt be screaming at you. I cant even hear mine with the hood closed.