Motor mounts

jimski

In over my head
Need some good motor mounts something that will hold and not break, any ideals?

I may have an alternative here Jim. If you find the center of the mount you can drill through it and use a bolt to hold everything together. There are a few post about doing it but the rubber will still deteriorate and you'll need to replace them sooner or later. They won't rip apart and they're not solid after all.:)

Need some good motor mounts something that will hold and not break, any ideals?
HR driver's mount and a stock one for the passenger side. I installed both HR mounts and couldn't stand the vibration and interior rattles. I drive my car a lot on the street and this way worked great for me.

HR driver's mount and a stock one for the passenger side. I installed both HR mounts and couldn't stand the vibration and interior rattles. I drive my car a lot on the street and this way worked great for me.

Nothing wrong witg using both mounts...they have changed their poly over the years to be a bit softer and they do "break in" some with time.

I may have an alternative here Jim. If you find the center of the mount you can drill through it and use a bolt to hold everything together. There are a few post about doing it but the rubber will still deteriorate and you'll need to replace them sooner or later. They won't rip apart and they're not solid after all.:)

Sounds like a good fix but i tossed them allready

Nothing wrong witg using both mounts...they have changed their poly over the years to be a bit softer and they do "break in" some with time.
I just idled the car with both mounts and it drove me crazy with all the new rattles. I did no break in time. Maybe I should have left the passenger one in for a while.

I just idled the car with both mounts and it drove me crazy with all the new rattles. I did no break in time. Maybe I should have left the passenger one in for a while.

If it bothered you that bad that quick you might have made the right decision for you.