Motors

Brian Verson

I have 2 ( 4.1 / 291 ) complete engines Intake to oil pan 450.00
2 ( 3.8 / 109 ) motors 400.00
and 3 ( 400cid ) sbc 400,00
I live in the St. Louis area and might be able to deliver.

All 109 motors are turbo motors. the only difference is the turbo drain back hole. On the engines that were installed in the GN's and TT's the hole was drilled and tapped. On the N/a's the boss was there but not drilled. The reason there are N/A motors is because when the regal was phased out they had motors left over. Instead of trashing them they sold them as remands. I have 2 of each.

what's the difference

NA Crankshaft doesnt have the rolled fillets on the rods. NA Oil pan doesnt have the baffle, camshaft is different, different pistons, different compression ratio, just to name a few.

2 ( 3.8 / 109 ) motors 400.00 Is that each or both?

what's the difference

Hey Brian how is it going... Chances are if you have NA 109 block that's all together, it may have a turbo crank. Just pull one of the rod caps off and see if the journal is rolled. If so then the only difference would be the pistons and cam. Everything else would be the same. I have torn down about 4 NA 109 and they all had the good turbo cranks. I read some where that GM had abounded of turbo cranks towards the end of the 3.8 era that they stuck those cranks in bunch of NA 109 motors.

HTH
Prasad:)

motor

Hey prasad, thanks for the help. I have sold a couple of these motors. Everyone I have torn down has had the turbo crank and rods. These have the dished pistons as well and are all stock bore with no ring grove on the cylinders. The person that gets them will have no complaints.