MPG Question ?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Ok , I know we don't have our cars for fuel economy but just wondering what is the normal , I went an entire tank WITHOUT going under any boost , believe me it was hard , and got 16 mpg mostly cruising on the 4 lane bout 65 mph . I have read guys with bout the same mods getting 22 to 24 . All I run in car is Ethanol free 93 oct. Just looking for any thoughts , Thanks Keith

Ok , I know we don't have our cars for fuel economy but just wondering what is the normal , I went an entire tank WITHOUT going under any boost , believe me it was hard , and got 16 mpg mostly cruising on the 4 lane bout 65 mph . I have read guys with bout the same mods getting 22 to 24 . All I run in car is Ethanol free 93 oct. Just looking for any thoughts , Thanks Keith

Prior to me modifying the car, I could get 24mpg on the highway at 65mph. Any faster and it plummeted.

Running E85 with the stock turbo and 60lb injectors and I'd get 18-20 on the highway at 65 or less.

Since putting in 3.73 rear gears, re-camming it, and switching back to gasoline, I'm running 16mpg @ 70-80mph.

I don't know what you've got in the car, but check the obvious stuff: tire pressure and vacuum leaks. What's your BLM while cruising?

I bought my car brand new. Cruising at 65 mph I used to get 22-24 mpg. That was on the gas of the late 80's/early 90's. The gas our cars were engineered to run on. On the gas of today I get 16-18 mpg. There ain't nothing wrong with your car.

I bought my car brand new. Cruising at 65 mph I used to get 22-24 mpg. That was on the gas of the late 80's/early 90's. The gas our cars were engineered to run on. On the gas of today I get 16-18 mpg. There ain't nothing wrong with your car.
Thank you for the info , and your right I didn't think about how fuel was 30 years ago vs today . I do run ethanol free 93 .

I'm around 12-14 around town & 16-18 Hwy not completely off boost.. car is basically stock with TT 5.7 93 chip ... One thing i did notice right away was a drop in economy when i threw a 160 thermostat ( like 5% ) .. the other is winter driving ( temps 30- 40 ) .. the O2 is pegged at like 850-900 during warmup .. Sitting there idling in the cold is a killer with MPG's
Cruising BLM around 132-135 .

Stock 23-25mpg. Today's oxygenated fuel will result in about a 5% loss. Aftermarket chip 160* thermostat with EGR delete and bigger tires expect it to drop at least 20%. Add a cam with more overlap than stock and another 20%. Engine with high leakage even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock 23-25mpg. Today's oxygenated fuel will result in about a 5% loss. Aftermarket chip 160* thermostat with EGR delete and bigger tires expect it to drop at least 20%. Add a cam with more overlap than stock and another 20%. Engine with high leakage even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Bison