MT DR's

Thats not an existing size, are you talking about a 275/50/15 or 255/50/16?

I ran a 275/50/15 on an 8" rim, it fits but a 10" rim is much better, makes the contact patch bigger.

I've got the 275 60's on the stock rim. It's a little close to the inside frame but seems to fit good. (I do have aluminum hubs, not sure of the difference that makes.)

turbosam6 said:
Thats not an existing size, are you talking about a 275/50/15 or 255/50/16?

I ran a 275/50/15 on an 8" rim, it fits but a 10" rim is much better, makes the contact patch bigger.

Well, I'm looking at M&H Racemaster drag radials 275/55/16 at Summit here:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=0+314173&autoview=sku

Perhaps that's a new size you weren't aware of. I want them because they're 28" tall. No chance of hooking w/a 26" tire.

I would like to retain my rims for the street, as I've got Enki GNX style 16x 8" street wheels, and would like to keep my 15's for the ET Drags. This car only gets taken out on the street to have fun, so I'm not concerned with milage. I just need something that will come close to hooking on the street. I burnt a set of regular ET Streets up in less than 100 miles.....

well not to be an ass but you asked in opening post for opinion on M/T drag radials now you try to call poster ignorant because your talking M&H racemasters , :rolleyes:

i run MT 255/50 16 on an 8in rim and in my opinion thats as large as you want to run on an 8 in rim . the MT Drs hook better than any tire ive tried and better than the et streets both in hook and overall handling
i wish MT made the 16" tire in a something other than the 25 3/4 that they do

if you want to run 275/50s they will fit if youve got a 4in BS and airbags to keep the wheel lips up , but dont count on any better grip unless you go to a larger rim

pacecarta said:
well not to be an ass but you asked in opening post for opinion on M/T drag radials now you try to call poster ignorant because your talking M&H racemasters , :rolleyes:

i run MT 255/50 16 on an 8in rim and in my opinion thats as large as you want to run on an 8 in rim . the MT Drs hook better than any tire ive tried and better than the et streets both in hook and overall handling
i wish MT made the 16" tire in a something other than the 25 3/4 that they do

if you want to run 275/50s they will fit if youve got a 4in BS and airbags to keep the wheel lips up , but dont count on any better grip unless you go to a larger rim

Well, yep, yer right, I was looking at M&H instead of M/T. My bad, but where did I imply he was ignorant? I just thought there might be a new size the person wasn't aware of. I made a mistake, thought they might have. And yep, your eye rolling, and suggesting I was calling him ignorant is kinda being an ass... altho I'm sure you meant it in the most friendly and helpful way possible.

Ok, let me re-phrase my question: anyone tried the M&H's in this size?

Hey John, you finally get the car back on the road?
I'd think that size should fit fine as long as the backspacing is no more than 4.25" and no less than 3.75"
I have 275/50's on 8.5" wide rims now with 3.75 BS, plenty of clearance, but that same size tire on the stock 7" rims with 4" BS they would rub slightly. Of course this is with 15" diameter rims in both cases but I don't think that matters much.
Hey if your out and about Sat the 30th, the Lake Worth Boat and Ski club is having a car show, I'll have my fleet out there.
Bring the car out to Redline Aug 13 for the Buick club race.

2QUIK6 said:
Hey John, you finally get the car back on the road?
I'd think that size should fit fine as long as the backspacing is no more than 4.25" and no less than 3.75"
I have 275/50's on 8.5" wide rims now with 3.75 BS, plenty of clearance, but that same size tire on the stock 7" rims with 4" BS they would rub slightly. Of course this is with 15" diameter rims in both cases but I don't think that matters much.
Hey if your out and about Sat the 30th, the Lake Worth Boat and Ski club is having a car show, I'll have my fleet out there.
Bring the car out to Redline Aug 13 for the Buick club race.

Hi Rob. Well, we're getting there Bill Duke has had the car for about a month. Totally built PTC 400/brake/4,000 stall converter is in. Bill does a really nice B&M Quicksilver shifter install in the console. Loox great. SMC alcohol kit on it's way. The wideband is in, ready to tune for the alky. 25# on the street, whoo hoo!

I've got to get a way to transport this car before I go racing. We have 3 cars w/2 seats each. Leah can borrow a P/U from work on the weekends, so I guess I'll just rent a trailer. I already rent 2 storage units for the GN & Vette. Running out of space.

I joined the club the last time at Redline, so I'll be doing that, for sure. One question tho... is Redline tough on the rulz? My car has no cage...

Redline is pretty lax on the rules from what I've seen, I've never seen them say anything to any of the members. Since we braket race, I never push mine to the limit but I have ran a few 7.4x there and nothing was ever said. If you run below a 7.0 they will probably say something about a cage though.

Surprised Billy is doing the alky thing, I thought he was not a fan of alky. I have Razors alky kit and love it although in the summer I'm only running about 22# max boost.
Glad you about got it done, hope to see you around more at the track.

If things work out in August, I'd like to come down to Redline and try the Buick thing. It's a solid two hour drive for me and if something breaks I might have a little hard time getting back. What time do things start and about when do they get over?

Mike70gtx said:
If things work out in August, I'd like to come down to Redline and try the Buick thing. It's a solid two hour drive for me and if something breaks I might have a little hard time getting back. What time do things start and about when do they get over?
Hey Mike, the gates open at Redline at 6pm and open time trials are till about 9pm then elimations start. Usually ends around 11:30pm depending on the # of cars. Now the track is open to all cars so you can stay till close and watch all the other action.
Since there is prize money involved at each race, you must be a member of the LSPBC to participate in the elimination races and you can join at the track for I think $30 for the year, or your welcome to come and hang out, we usually have about 12-15 TRs there. Next event is Aug 9th.
www.lspbc.org

It's an hour and a half for me, 100 miles one-way for me to get there.

John Purdom said:
Well, I'm looking at M&H Racemaster drag radials 275/55/16 at Summit here:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=0+314173&autoview=sku

Perhaps that's a new size you weren't aware of. I want them because they're 28" tall. No chance of hooking w/a 26" tire.

I would like to retain my rims for the street, as I've got Enki GNX style 16x 8" street wheels, and would like to keep my 15's for the ET Drags. This car only gets taken out on the street to have fun, so I'm not concerned with milage. I just need something that will come close to hooking on the street. I burnt a set of regular ET Streets up in less than 100 miles.....

Dont be so sure about not Hooking on a 26" Tire...I didnt think My car would,But I have put down a bunch of Mid 10 sec.Passes With the 60'staying right at 1.50...And that was with a MT Drag Radial...255-50-16...

Im sure I could of put some 1.4x 60's on them...But I didnt want to mess with the DIS4 box,And move the 2 step any...I was happy with the car as is.... :)

I am sure you will be happy with whichever tire you use...

Shawn