Muffler Servey

I've got flowmasters. Put em on yer big block, not your TR. They drone and just dont complement the sound of the TR. I WANT to get just plain ol walkers(the nearly as quite as stock ones) w/ an electric cutout to provide the volume/openness when and where I want it.

As Mark Said. 2.5 SS ATR Pitbulls. put them on 10 years ago. aggressive yet not annoying. I was just a young punk back then now gettin old. I have the electric exhaust cutout, but have to shave my Mease DP cutout before I install it or I will lose it on a speed bump. Can't wait to hear it. I hope they don't give me SH!T @ NJ State Inspection

Ive had just about every muffler made for a TR. This is my list in order of preference:

1. Hooker Maxflow
2. Stainless ultra flo
3. Hooker areochamber
4. ATR cross flow , this only fits with their exhaust kit
5. ATR straigh thu

From what ive been seeing lately the Magnaflow muffler should be nice too but i dont have any direct experience with them. Flow masters in my opinion actually sound good on a TR but they do hurt performance in some cars ive seen .

me too. 2.5" welded ultrafows/race magnums. Same muffler. walker changed the name from race magnums to welded ultrafows but exactly same muffler.

Originally posted by zam70
dynomax welded ultraflows

correct. Ultraflows are stainless, welded ultra flows are aluminized and race magnums are aluminized and all are the same except for materials

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
i think that ultra flows and the race magnums are the same. one is just stainless or polished or some other jazz but the inner workings are the same. correct me if i am wrong

I thought "Pitbull" exhaust was a walker muffler with one of those similar names (.....flow)? At least that is what i was told

Tried a few different mufflers including ultraflows. Definitely like the aerochambers the best. Sound great without the drone many others have. If you want to see the flip side of this discussion use the search function to see what others have said and tried to do about drone.

Originally posted by moose
Ok, I want everyone to please type in what kind of mufflers your using on your GN, I'll then try to choose one for mine.:D

Thanks
Ive got the atr true dual 3" exhaust. The pit bulls rusted completely out within 2yrs.:mad: the stickers were still on them. I replaced them with dyno. race magnums. In all honesty, imo, the true dual 3" are too big and cool the exhaust enough to cause excess condensation. My car was on a 50mi. interstate commute daily then.

Re: Re: Muffler Servey

Originally posted by tyrod
Ive got the atr true dual 3" exhaust. The pit bulls rusted completely out within 2yrs.:mad: the stickers were still on them. I replaced them with dyno. race magnums. In all honesty, imo, the true dual 3" are too big and cool the exhaust enough to cause excess condensation. My car was on a 50mi. interstate commute daily then.

I use the hooker system...it's good,the car runs the same et's capped up as open...reasonably priced too..

Three letters (ATR)

ATR has 3 inch crossflow, 3 inch dual, & 3 inch single shot. They all sound bad ass I have 5 friends with Turbo buicks. Each one has Atr they all sound bad ass 4 sho. Does not seem to have that drone effect like the hooker exhaust.

Dual SS 2.5" Borla XR-1 race mufflers. They are pretty close in sound and construction to the ATR SS Pit Bulls.

atr only

I prefer ATR exhaust only. Pitbull mufflers are my favorite on a TR.