Muscle car Challenge- Denton ?

G McCall

Anyone in the local Buick clubs planning on racing in the Muscle Car Challenge at Denton Dragway (Texas) on April 6 ?
Doesn't seem to be much hype on this board about race meets.
Maybe everyone has there mine on Bowling Green.

Greg McCall

I'm thinking about going as well!

I did post on the email list for the LSPBC to see who was interested!

Originally posted by G McCall
Looks as though it might be wet. :(

Yeah, that's a bummer. Oh well, let's think positive! I'm still going, but I live a LOT closer to Denton than Forney, home of the Fighting Jackrabbits!:cool:

Sunday forecast looks to be dry:D I called Denton dragway and the recording said the gates open at 9:00a.m. See you guy's there.

Went to watch at Redline Dragway Friday night and it rained. So Weather spooked me for Sunday and I missed the Muscle Car meet. How did it turn out ? :(

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I chickened out too.:(

Yea, Its a long way for me to get rained out. If nothing else I felt the pit parking lot at the track would still have bird baths in it. Also, the big hail storm that came through north Dallas area Saturday night was a determining factor. Very bad if anyone had their cars out in that. As usual for me; "maybe next time".

We had an even bigger storm up north later Sunday morning. After Dallas and Tarrant counties had their storm, a HUGE strom came just south of the red river and hammered us. Golf ball sized hail everywhere. There were some cars, and houses with busted windows in my little town. I live right between Gainesville and Sherman. It hit around 0300 am.

There were several people out on sunday and unfortunatly I was in the only Buick. It was very humid and there was a very strong head wind all afternoon. I got there kinda late and the guy in the staging lanes asked me what club I was with and I told him I was with the Buick club and he said "Uhh your in the only buick I 've seen all day." Needless too say I was bummed that nobody else showed. I guess I'll catch you guys next time.