My 1/4 mile mph

littlebus

I have been running my car for a while now at moroso and i am just learning how to drive it.I have a 86 t-type with a stock rebuilt motor no internals and good head gaskets a 60-1 with a stock intercooler,3000 stahl convertor,36 lb injectors and other misc crap and am having probs with my 1/4 mile mph.I am runing 90 in the 1/8 but am at 105 in the 1/4and ran a 12.2.I did this with a 1.75 60 ft and on 20 lbs of boost.I also had a driveshaft that was a little out of balance the snap[ed like a twig at 110 mph last night but i was wondering if a vibrating drive shaft would kill my mph.The driveshaft wasnt bad till last night when it twisted like a twig and snaped but that was my bad for not getting it balanced after i broke a u joint.I have run the car before i could launch it and with 2.2 to 2.4 60 ft times i went 110 in the quarter with like 25 lbs of boost.Any input would be helpful.

Did I read that right??? 90 in the 1/8th and 105 in the 1/4??

If so you have some issues to work out...Do you have a scantool?? Is it knocking on the far end of the track?? Did you replace the valve springs when you rebuilt the motor??

If the converter is a loose non lock up and you are running 26" tall tires, It isn't going to go much faster than 109 - 111 mph under perfect conditions.

The driveshaft whipping could very easily limit mph. I used to run radial recaps that were out of balance and picked up nearly 4 mph by switching to a balanced pair of drag radials.

Maybe running out of fuel on the big end?

60-1 turbo@25 psi on 36lb injectors?

What sort of rpm's are you seeing?

Originally posted by littlebus
I have been running my car for a while now at moroso and i am just learning how to drive it.I have a 86 t-type with a stock rebuilt motor no internals and good head gaskets a 60-1 with a stock intercooler,3000 stahl convertor,36 lb injectors and other misc crap and am having probs with my 1/4 mile mph.I am runing 90 in the 1/8 but am at 105 in the 1/4and ran a 12.2.I did this with a 1.75 60 ft and on 20 lbs of boost.I also had a driveshaft that was a little out of balance the snap[ed like a twig at 110 mph last night but i was wondering if a vibrating drive shaft would kill my mph.The driveshaft wasnt bad till last night when it twisted like a twig and snaped but that was my bad for not getting it balanced after i broke a u joint.I have run the car before i could launch it and with 2.2 to 2.4 60 ft times i went 110 in the quarter with like 25 lbs of boost.Any input would be helpful.

Jay, your trap was 108 from last night, not 105. Look at the slip again :)

Which is still low for a 12.2 though.... :confused:

Oh, and I thought the injectors were 42.5's.

Yea sry they are 009's and it was 108 but that is still not the right mph for that time.I have a scanmaster and it reads between 790 and 820 all my passes with under 2 deg of knock.it was 3:30 when i posted this my bad all.everythink seems fine on the passes but the mph.

So have you replaced the valve springs?? It's a common problem on these cars...get that MPH up and it should go 11's.

hmmm....I don't know...I know I run 83-85 MPH in the 1/8th and consistant 105 MPH 1/4's...Something is just kicking your a** at the top end of the track.

Yea i know.I am thinking when i get this shaft replaced i will get the right mph out of the car.i need a taller ttire cause it feels like i am running out of gear in the quarter at the very end.I had a friend told me he had the same prob and with a balanced driveshaft with no vibaration he picked up 8 mph.So i guess that is my next step.

Oh you're still runnning 26" tires....Yep that'll pick it up, and the DS should help...Have fun I hope to be where you are at the end of the summer.