My 84 hot air swap build

Yes its the same thing and is located inside the ecm

Yeah if you already have the adapter you could run any gm trans easy as pie. If you want to actually take it offroad you'll be disappointed with a manual trans. Can't spool the turbo without load on it and no torque without the turbo.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That was exactly the reason I decided to go auto. even though this truck will hardly ever see offroad, I felt I would loose to much to justify having the fun of a manual. I'll see how this shift kit works and if needed I'll swap it out. With the being said. I am anxious to hear more and more about your wiring harness. I will pm you to figure out the logistics

Just an update.

Wiring harness is out on the floor and I need to look at every connector before shipping it out but I didn't see anything cut up as it was removed. Dash harness/fuseblock is also out and to be quite blunt about it, your truck is a good home for it. Radio plugs are cut up and the car had an alarm added so there's a few scotchlock connectors on it. Good harness to be cutting the extra nonsense out of. Esc module with relays/bracket goes to you as well as the ecm which happens to have an eastern performance "84-85 dyno" chip in it. I'm sure it's an outdated chip with timing levels that aren't good for pump gas but hey, it's what was there. The battery cables are separate from the engine harness, which for a swap is actually a good thing in my opinion. I have faith that you can ground the engine and body properly and for the positive side there's only the big wire to the starter, the heavy charging wire from the alt, and a little guy to power the ECM which I will label on the engine harness for you. When you go to put this in the truck you will probably have a bunch of "what goes where" questions, and the hot air forum is the place to ask them as this was half removed when I got the car and all I own are intercooled cars. As I look this over I will make an attempt to label everything I know off the top of my head for you, some of them will be confusing such as the fuselinks at the starter.

Theres really not too many wires that go from engine harness to dash harness, You'll want the aldl connector but the vast majority of the dash harness will probably end up in the scrap bin.

Can't begin to say how much I appreciate the info and the time spent looking over everything. You will save me countless man hours trying to figure this out step by step. I will p.m. You and we can figure out shipping etc.
john

Sadly no! The package got here Monday but I've Been working out of town and will be gone till Friday. With that being said I will get a jump on it this weekend