My Boy's New Toy

Paul C Leu

I'm starting on a project car with my son. It's a 1981 Camaro with a small V6. We've bought a carborated turbo V6, I think it's a 1978. I was told the engine was brand new with 0 miles and was originally bought by a GM employee out of Detroit for use in a Jeep project. By the looks of it, it is exactly that. The fly wheel has never been bolted on. We also have a '78 parts car. What engine parts am I going to be needing to save for this project?

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

• DSC01823.jpg
    DSC01823.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 280
looks like everything is on the motor. get the welder and cut off wheel out and start working. seriously, if the motor is running then you should be Ok as is. the only thing you should try to get is the OEM air intake stuff-it was red in colour back then, but far easier to work with than making something up. the alternator and starter wiring is pretty much the same as the small block that was in the Camaro so the wiring in the car should work with very little mods.

You should also pull the spark controler off the parts car it will not run right without it. Look up by the core support.

Hello there! I was going to ask u for a favor since u have your engine out. ON the fuel pump how many skrews are on that thing?

Wrong Member

You were looking for Paul C. Lew . I belive mine has 2 bolts , but it's not here so I can look . Sorry.