My buddy's pro-Mod Nova

Big Stu

Flogged Donkey
Here are a couple of pics of my friend chucks new toy. This thing has gone 6.20@227 with a smaller engine combo and a less trick blower. Current billet block was machined in house and the heads are dart big chief olds style. Tranny is an air shifted lenco 3 speed with a lakewood bellhousing/ crower titanium clutch, yada yada. Blower is a littlefield 14-71 with billet rotors/ magnesium case, 16 injectors run on alcohol. Dyno pulls have shown 2700 hp so far with a lot more to go. Chassis is your typical dual frame rail pro-mod setup. We are going to finish up some fuel lines next weekend and take it to phoenix for some serious ass kicking. It should be a handful.

Attachments

• DSC00380.JPG
    DSC00380.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC00379.JPG
    DSC00379.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC00381.JPG
    DSC00381.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 310
Here's a couple more. The pic of the head is a chevy/hemi style head that is similar to sonny leonards heads but actually flows more with some revisions being made. I'm still trying to talk chuck into making me a billet stage style block for less than $8k. It could be done tomorrow if I had the money but I don't. Now does everybody believe me? :) :D

Attachments

• DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00383.JPG
    DSC00383.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00382.JPG
    DSC00382.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 218
Sick car Stu!!!! I have often thought that if somebody wanted to build the baddest Buick style motor a custom Billet block from somebody like CN Blocks would be the way to go and then of course 12 160lb injectors for the Meth and twin GT-42 76mm turbos :biggrin: If I ever win the lottery.....

:cool:

86brick said:
Sick car Stu!!!! I have often thought that if somebody wanted to build the baddest Buick style motor a custom Billet block from somebody like CN Blocks would be the way to go and then of course 12 160lb injectors for the Meth and twin GT-42 76mm turbos :biggrin: If I ever win the lottery.....

:cool:

Thanks steve! Yeah we are pretty excited with it. This guy machines solid chunks of titanium that are 60 feet long and 8 feet wide so a billet aluminum block is no problem. The expensive part is a chunk big enough for a block which is about $5k and then to set up the tooling for it. I agree about the lottery..... :D

Stu,

Forget the block lets see a 400 plus CFM Head!!!

BTW: That car is sick!

John Wilde said:
Stu,

I know it's possible, we've talked about that too. Pretty soon here I'll be financially set to give it a shot. That would be cool. :)

Big Stu said:
I know it's possible, we've talked about that too. Pretty soon here I'll be financially set to give it a shot. That would be cool. :)

Do you have access to any Indy heads to compare the port configuration???

PaCemkr86 said:
woot.. bad ass...

nice house too

I know, wish it was mine. :( :D I'll go over there tomorrow and get some shots of his real live dyno that Nick Arias GAVE him. Nice to have money I guess.....

Kendall Fredrick has a set and I think that Odie has some too.

John Wilde said:
Kendall Fredrick has a set and I think that Odie has some too.

If and when I got closer to actually having the funds to do it, then i would acquire a set of the indy heads to compare. That would be pretty cool though. :)

John Wilde said:
Stu,

Agree. That hemi head looks great!! Did he build the head himself?

Wicked ride too.

Dusty Bradford said:
Agree. That hemi head looks great!! Did he build the head himself?

Wicked ride too.

Yes, this guy is pretty smart. He makes a lot of stuff for racing guys. I have the blueprints for that head on a cd-rom somewhere, I've been procrastinating putting those up too. I will have to try to find where I put it.... :confused: :)

pitch black said:
Stu let me know when he brings it down to phoenix , would love to see it in action. Lyle

Yeah for sure dude. I think we are going to speedworld. I don't know if he is going to run the car full out or just make some eighth mile laps. I will let you know when we are going. :)