My car just got stolen

BGN8711

I was on my way to the brea mall when I saw a GN drive by so I followed him and we met in the parking lot. Very cool guy just got his car a month ago him and his friend were very nice. Talked to him for 20 minutes and I decided I wanted to take a ride in his car just to see what it was like etc etc. We drive around for about 10 minutes and when we get back I get a phone call from my friend. "Some black guy just drove off with your car," I of course thought he was joking, until I got back to my spot.........Turns out my dad only had me down for liability so the 6k I saved up for 2 years is not gone forever. I only had the car for 6 months, so I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing. I was planning on taking it to vegas this year for the first time too. Just had to share my pain, I would however like to say thank you so much to Neal and Morgan I feel awful how much time and effort they put into me and this car for it just to get stolen. It was an 86 t-type chestnut metallic by the way no mods really, some 16" crome rims which I didn't like. Funny thiing is I got my very first kill lin the car 2 nights ago, against 2 HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT chicks in a Maseratti Quatroportte (sp?). I'm really going to miss her thanks you guys just had to vent.

Sincerely,
Brian

Brian:
I am so sorry to hear about this. I know how happy you were with the car. Definitely post this on this forum under the section, "Stolen/Vin Check" up above. If you are not a member on the other Buick boards and would like for me to post this on the other Buick boards for you, let me know. I know that Neal and Morgan helped you a lot on this car will be feeling your pain about this also. Just out of my curiousity, how did your friend know that the car was stolen, and why did he not do something about it?
Posting the vin #, liscense plate #, and a means of contacting you, (cell #?) will help other people keep an eye out also. Good luck on the recovery.

thanks gary

Thank you gary, I actually followed a guy with another GN to the mall. Just randomely saw him on the road so decided to stop and talk cars with him. Anyways my freind knew that I would be talking cars for a while and he and his girlfriend went in the mall to get there shopping done. Anyways I left to go for a ride in the other kids GN just to see how it drove and we were gone for 5-10 min came back car was GONE. My friend saw a darker man drive by, he was so in shock he assumed that maybe I had gotten new tires on my car or soemthing because we were right next to the sears auto center and I did need new tires. He called and was like where are you someone just drove off in your car you know that right and of course I than flipped out and called the police. It's a chestnut metallic t-type with chrome 16" rims I've never seen anyone else with one of that color or with those rims so It's be very easy to spot. To be honest my liscense plates were stolen and I just got new ones 3 weeks ago I KNOW its 5NZF and i believe it's 404 but not 100% so 5NZF404. The front liscence plate is on the passenger side window, it's lowered 1" no tinted windows. I dunno Anyways thanks so mcuh for being supportive and for the good suggestions. Just incase this jack a$$ is on the board I won't post my phone number just to be on the safe side if anyone has ANY information they can E-mail me at Braxtoo@aol.com or IM me on aim at bgn8711. Thanks guys I can't believe this happened I adored this car.

Thank you,
Brian

I'm actually the guy with the GN he met at the Brea mall. Really sorry about the car, we kept an eye out for it all day but didnt see anything. Hope you find it, I guess all we can do is hope he somehow didnt cause knock supreme with your overboosting. It was a very nice t type, only chestnut ive ever seen. I really do appreciate the offers of getting involved with the TR community and I'd really like to!

I'll keep eye out for your car Brian. Sorry that sucks big time.
Especially in a nice area were we live!

Good luck
Phil

Car Stolen

Brian, If you fine the Ass-/. who stolen your Ttype you need to beat him to which in a inch of his life. I'm tried of hearing about GN/TTYPE ripped off. The idiots who take these car need to be shoot dead.

Good luck in finding your Turbo, Hopefully we will see you in LV next month.

Steve Hurst, President- BGNRA

:mad:
Brian dude, sorry to hear about your car man....I'll keep an eye out for it down around my neck of the woods, Oceanside area.

Also, check with the mall security and see if they got the a-hole on camera, might just be able to identify the culprit that way if they did.

Raymond

What type of rims did it have on it? Any pics? Sory to hear about your loss. I'll keep an eye out. If you do get it back and theres stiff missing, let us know. Many of us (including myself) have extra parts and might be able to help you out. Good luck.

Hey man, I am sorry to hear that, its one of the only things that bug me about this car----its a target. Someone has tried to rip mine off once but my girlfriend was in the car so he ran. I will also keep an eye out.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has posted, Everyone is being so helpful and supportive It really does help so thank you so much to everyone. http://pictures.shofstetter.com/Random/t1.jpg that link will lead you to a picture to my car, the rims are centerline scorpions I believe. The bumpers are powder coated black as you can tell from the pics. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions I will be looking into all of them, I still can't believe this happened.

Brian

BGN8711 said:
Thanks to everyone who has posted, Everyone is being so helpful and supportive It really does help so thank you so much to everyone. http://pictures.shofstetter.com/Random/t1.jpg that link will lead you to a picture to my car, the rims are centerline scorpions I believe. The bumpers are powder coated black as you can tell from the pics. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions I will be looking into all of them, I still can't believe this happened.

Brian

Brian....I know that car as I have seen it on ebay and was going to bid on it a while back. Man this pisses me off bro! Hope you get her back soon.

Raymond

Hey Brian,
Any news? I was hopeing it was just a quick joy ride. Still have my fingers crossed.

Hey guys,
There's no new news on the car It defenitely was not just a joy ride, and I think the cars probably being stripped somewhere. The thing I can't believe is the car overboosted like crazy so if you kept your foot in it for any amount of time it would easily take out the motor. But if the guywas in and gone that fast maybe he knows better than to floor it, who knows. You don't realize how much you love your car until you don't have it to drive, it really sucks driving a honda after the buick!!

Thanks guys,
Brian

That sucks Brian. I live in Brea and I'm on my second 87GN. "This one never leaves my site" My first was also stolen in Brea at Ralph's then found striped on it's frame in the middle of Compton Blvd. in LA 3 days later. The Vin. was laser cut out of the windshield! I Just had the car completely built and 3 months later it was gone. That was in 1997. I found an old lady that had a 87GN for 13,500 with 35,000miles :). The down side was she had spoke hub caps pushed on the chrome rims, and some gay body kit with the spare tire on the trunk :confused: . I can't win I got the car painted by classics by Bernt's and two years later some 14yr old kid keyed it along with three other cars :mad: . I caught him in the act lets just say I had to go to court 6 times before the charges were dropped. Save your money bud you need to buy another.

Brent

Brent-- I remember seeing that car with the old lady behind the wheel, driving around Newport Beach when I lived on Balboa Island back in the early 90's! It had red pinstriping with the fake continental kit on the deck lid, right? I also saw the car at Nabers Buick getting checked in by the service manger for an oil change during one of my many trips to Nabers' parts counter; that car was legendary around there both in looks and how it ran. What a small world!

I'm not too far from you at all in the Yorba Linda area, if you want to try and hook up sometime.

That's Me!

That's funny! Yep that's me. hahaha
I might be heading out to the river tomorrow, If I don't end up going I'll be at that coffee shop off Magnolia & Adams Sat. Morning around 7am for that unplanned car show that happens every Saturday. I've never been. Brent

That sucks about your car being stolen, it's really frustrating loosing something I workeed so hard to attain. I read up on these cars for 2 years waiting to get mine, and I was lucky enough to have Neal and Morgan help me find and help maintain it. I plan on saving for a little bit and picking up another one, I can't live without one. Morgan that's too funny I remember you telling me about this car and how bad @ss it was. Very small world, hope to see that car soon Brent. Hope to be back in the buick world soon you guys, thanks for everything

Brian