My GN is dying :( Need help Please!

HeloCrewChief

I have an 87 GN. The car has about 64,000 miles on it and the only modification is a shift kit. When I completely floor the car it shifts fine from 1st to 2nd. Then it just redlines and you have to let off the gas for it to shift into 3rd. Any ideas on what is going on? Thanks

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 206
Mine was doing the same thing and I adjusted the TV cable by 3 clicks. Someone will post the link (can't remember where I found it). Took care of the problem, but have read that I'm living on borrowed time as the transmission clutches are worn. BTW since then I have pulled motor and trans and rebuilt or in the process of both. Trans smelled terrible of burnt clutches when draining fluid.

Carl

Ok, I will try that. Thank you. I should also add that it is making a clunking noise when it get stuck at the shift point. What is that?

Well, I guess since I live 10 minutes from Art Carrs place I'm pulling the transmission and sending it over. I thought it could just be a TV adjustment. Do you think the shift kit had something to do with it?

Depends . Did this show up right after shift kit install? Ive only had trouble with the trans go kit .. But never had any clunking ..

THe trans has been in there for about 6 years. I only noticed it last week after going to the track and flooring it. I had never floored it up until then. It makes me wuestions if it was the transmission because its works fine for years.