my GN SUPRISED me!!!

charleslong

This weekend, I had a run in with a C4. Needless to say, someone got a free education, and it was not me. I did not know how the GN would run, considering that I have never tuned it. The guy had his girl friend in his car as well. He was a really cool guy though. This was my first run in that I have had against a car. So I was just so suprised at how fast my GN was, b/c I thought it was in need of a tune. Considering that I have never tuned the car myself.

Well, I was out rolling around on the main strip, b/c I had just found out my wife is pregnant with our second child. All I wanted to do is just ride. Well on my way back home, I see an Eclipse and a fairly new corvette going at it. Well aparently they knew each other, both drivers were young. (close to my age)
Well the eclipse speeds off, I guess giving myself and the corvette some lane. The corvette slows down for me and I noticed he had a pretty hot girl in the passenger seat, and she is looking over in my car. Well the guy hits it, and he accel some, just long enough for the 15+lbs of boost to kick in. When it did, I went by him pretty good. (seemed to me pretty good) Then we caught a light, and the eclipse guy totally ran it so that we could have it. The vette guy asked if I wanted to go, and I said yeah not really thinking. Well before the light turned green, I thought that I would try building boost off the line. Well, I TRIED and the tires went haywire and i stopped. When the light turned green I just let him go. B/c I only have like another 2 weeks before i leave this base, and the last thing I need is to have to go and tell my commander why I got a ticket for drag racing.

The guy had a 95 stock Vette, accept for tips.

That is not a big race or anything, but It was my first so I posted it.

Originally posted by IrvJr
Come on, we need more details that.

Scott

thanks, I almost didnt post it, b/c I did not want it to seem like I was bragging.
I love the way the Vettes look.
Charles

Good Kill!

Originally posted by charleslong
Well, I was out rolling around on the main strip, b/c I had just found out my wife is pregnant with our second child. All I wanted to do is just ride. Well on my way back home, I see an Eclipse and a fairly new corvette going at it. Well aparently they knew each other, both drivers were young. (close to my age)
Well the eclipse speeds off, I guess giving myself and the corvette some lane. The corvette slows down for me and I noticed he had a pretty hot girl in the passenger seat, and she is looking over in my car. Well the guy hits it, and he accel some, just long enough for the 15+lbs of boost to kick in. When it did, I went by him pretty good. (seemed to me pretty good) Then we caught a light, and the eclipse guy totally ran it so that we could have it. The vette guy asked if I wanted to go, and I said yeah not really thinking. Well before the light turned green, I thought that I would try building boost off the line. Well, I TRIED and the tires went haywire and i stopped. When the light turned green I just let him go. B/c I only have like another 2 weeks before i leave this base, and the last thing I need is to have to go and tell my commander why I got a ticket for drag racing.

The guy had a 95 stock Vette, accept for tips.

That is not a big race or anything, but It was my first so I posted it.
Good kill!

very good idea... i kno for a fact you dont wanna piss off the OIC. im in the coast guard and i actually raced my chief in his stock GST 98 Eclipse. man was he dissapointed when my monte walked all over him b4 65mph

Good judgement to pick a better time and place :)

You don't want to speed on base! Ever. In the early 70's I was caught driving my Travelall a few over the limit. I had to take my OIC with me to the Wing Commander's office on saturday morning and get an A$$ chewing :eek:....Those were the days ;)

Keep'em flying :cool:

Re: Good judgement to pick a better time and place :)

Originally posted by lburou
You don't want to speed on base! Ever. In the early 70's I was caught driving my Travelall a few over the limit. I had to take my OIC with me to the Wing Commander's office on saturday morning and get an A$$ chewing :eek:....Those were the days ;)

Keep'em flying :cool:

thanks, but i was off base. But you are right i dont want to get caught speeding on base. I drive the speed limit on base.
thanks
charles