My limited experience with V-techs.

D

DR. Death

This is a call to arms for all fellow Turbo-Buick owners to annihilate any and all v-techs they come upon. I considered these ugly little fart can powered vehicles mere annoyances until this prissy little $hithead known as v-tech came on our message board and started spouting off about how archaic our cars are. I have only had a couple of run ins with these vehicles and every time the outcome was the same, all I could see were distant headlights from their cars as I rapidly pulled away from them. Not that this is bragging as one must consider KILLING a car with 150 h.p. and a fart can attached to the exhaust as akin to KILLING someone on a riding lawnmower. LOL. Oh yeah my car handles very well for a flying black brick, it all depends on the tires and suspension.

Why brother bro, he wouldn't have come over to to talk smack unless he already felt Intimidated, he knows it and we know he knows it. Sure there are a few Imports out there that run pretty good and if I ever run across one I'll give him/her props. But this person.... He's not worth the time or effort. Don't stoop to their level, people with low self esteem usually talk the big talk trying to overshadow there known shortcomings.

Geoff

Hey dude,

I just read that guys post.....pretty pathetic. If he does own a Honda, this is half the reason us "Non-Idiotic" Honda owners have a bad rep.

Believe me, I can see why you guys get annoyed. This dude is a worthless trashtalker. I may have said a few things in the past that offeneded some, but I have always respected your cars. Since their inception they have been unrivaled for a long time. Anyone that knows anything about cars in general knows the name of "TURBO BUICKS"

I came here a while back and you guys thought me to be a troll, I am not. This guy is a worthless troll. He also probably doesn't even own a Honda. I would think that any Honda owner, especially one with a "custom turbo" would know that a Honda has "VTEC" not "V-Tech" as he mentions.

He probably just wishes to have one one day when he grows up :)

I know most of you despise Honda's and that's OK. Just try not to take other people's stupidity out on every Honda owner. Some of us are pretty OK if you get to know us :)

Take Care,
Miguel

Actually, I own a Honda 4x4 atv and have several honda engines on things such as a grain auger, water pump, generator,etc. I'm not implying that Honda has inferior products, but as far as performance cars go they have to develop a v-6 or v-8 instead of trying to get a 4-banger to carry the torch for them.

OH Come on. I Take plenty of V8's with my "Little" Engine. You guys dont have the greatest car to ever hit the panet you know, or well no you dont know. I would like to see you guys take on a NSX and tell me all about it. Well you wouldn't because you dont post any losses. ANYONE ON HERE EVER LOSE? Ofcourse not. Or well you wouldn't admit it.
Just tell me on thing how can you think that your bricks can handle well. SUre you may be able to get that GNX thing, which they only made 500 of or something, to pull .92Gs on a skid pad. Um ok thats a skid pad at constan velocity and radious. Its too big and heave to continuosly change directions ad still do it. WHat did they do in the Slalom? That shows the ability of a car, but I aint talking about limited production here there is nothing special about Any Civic.
Seriously you guys hate us because you fear us. Our little 4Cyl are catching up, and catchin quickly. You better fear the day a 6cyl Vtech finds its way into a Civic. We out number you and there is a larger support of performance parts. Besides in a few more years you cars will be distant memories and collectors Items and all of you putting so much into them will be kicking yourselves for destroying a "classic" brick.

On a side note, I lost to a GN, but have beaten 2, count them 2 older Turbo Regals.
That makes my score, Turbo Civic 2 - Gandmas Turbo Brick 1 LOL

You say that you "have beaten 2, count them 2 OLDER Turbo Regals". I would assume that you mean the older carbed Turbo Regals. I used to have one and thought it was pretty quick, and I now think it did okay for what it was and the condition it was in. Everybody always used to think it had a 350 in it because it did pretty decently in acceleration. However, these older TR's ran in the high 16's to low 17's from what I've seen in some older articles I have. 0-60 in around 9 seconds. So I would guess you probably barely edged out the older TR's then, huh?!
I would think that even a sick '86 or '87 Turbo Regal would hand you your ass.

Um I think it was an EFI Turbo. One was an 84 ad the other was an 85 and the one that kicked my ass was an 87 GN. Werent they all EFI? It doesn't matter anyways the way I look at it is they all thouoght they were GOD and they weren't. All the guys on here act like that to.

You really dont know shiznit man.

And you dont even know what your own car is, sad enough

its VTEC, Valve and lift Timing Electronically Controlled

Technically it should be VLTEC but that doesnt sound k-rad elite does it?

Look you probably dont even know what a drag strip is.

You really need to learn about our cars before you go and bash them.

And yes I know a 124 hp civic is about as fast as a peice of toast sitting on the floor.

And the 160 hp vtec is not much better.

You do realise honda has a V6 accord right? I bet its much faster too, but you can keep driving your ugly ass stereotypical cars and hope you'll someday be fast..

Now have some TR knowledge:

1984/85 - 200HP, and 300 ft-lbs of torque. weight 3200-3600 pounds w/o driver
that is anywhere from 15.4 to 16.2 seconds in the 1/4 depending on the car, and the driver - impressive for its day sure.

but now someone decides to add a chip, adjustable wastegate, k&n, and a fuel system upgrade.. thats low 14's right there. and for another $1400 you can get an intercooler kit from TurboMotion, and run 12s all day long. Ofcourse, you need a good turbo to do it with, but hey!

now an 87, for < $1000 can run 12's easily. chip, k&n, tires, boost, and a nice fuel system upgrade - $400 not counting tires
hell ****, for just a chip and a k&n you can bring it down to a 13.

thats a bargain deal - 1 second for $100!

1 second for a civic is $1000 - Which would yo urather have?

Ok long post. sorry!

--
Jason Lashua
1984 Grand National - '87 GN injectors, test pipe, K&N, Adj. Wastegate, EGR blockoff, Walbro 307

Maybe once it gets put together I'll get an adjustable FPR for it too:)

Originally posted by JayLashua
You really dont know shiznit man.

And you dont even know what your own car is, sad enough

its VTEC, Valve and lift Timing Electronically Controlled

Technically it should be VLTEC but that doesnt sound k-rad elite does it?

Look you probably dont even know what a drag strip is.

You really need to learn about our cars before you go and bash them.

And yes I know a 124 hp civic is about as fast as a peice of toast sitting on the floor.

And the 160 hp vtec is not much better.

You do realise honda has a V6 accord right? I bet its much faster too, but you can keep driving your ugly ass stereotypical cars and hope you'll someday be fast..

Now have some TR knowledge:

1984/85 - 200HP, and 300 ft-lbs of torque. weight 3200-3600 pounds w/o driver
that is anywhere from 15.4 to 16.2 seconds in the 1/4 depending on the car, and the driver - impressive for its day sure.

but now someone decides to add a chip, adjustable wastegate, k&n, and a fuel system upgrade.. thats low 14's right there. and for another $1400 you can get an intercooler kit from TurboMotion, and run 12s all day long. Ofcourse, you need a good turbo to do it with, but hey!

now an 87, for < $1000 can run 12's easily. chip, k&n, tires, boost, and a nice fuel system upgrade - $400 not counting tires
hell ****, for just a chip and a k&n you can bring it down to a 13.

thats a bargain deal - 1 second for $100!

1 second for a civic is $1000 - Which would yo urather have?

Ok long post. sorry!

--
Jason Lashua
1984 Grand National - '87 GN injectors, test pipe, K&N, Adj. Wastegate, EGR blockoff, Walbro 307

Maybe once it gets put together I'll get an adjustable FPR for it too:)

Dude Honda Named it not me.

Don't know what a drag strip is. LOL I just dont frquent there because straight line gets boring after about 4 runs

Well buddy do you really think the 84 and 85 was stock. NOPE!

the 87 was running 10's as I found out later after our race.

Where the **** do you get a Chip & K&N for $100????
a K&N cost $45

Yea I would like to see someone take only $1000 worth of bolt ons and put that brick into the 12's

Nevermind I have to do something you guys probably know nothing about.... work

I have 1,000 in mods (and I bought the expensive stuff), and am on my way to 11's. A Trasher chip is $25, most chips are $50. All it takes to put a GN into the low 12's, is a chip, 160 stat, more boost (home made adjustable actuator costs like $.50), traction ($250 in slicks and $50 in junk yard steel wheels), fuel pump ($100), and an exhaust dump. It is a proven of combo that hundreds have done. These cars are far from bricks. You don't know what a 1/4 track is because you fall asleep from the 17sec ride. It's OK. I am sure you have a sweet Playstation in it though.

Ok then, here it is, I've beaten an NSX, by a whole bunch. I had to let up after a bit because his car was suprisingly unimpressive. His car was a 1998..or 91...or, oh, I couldnt' tell since Honda hasn't bothered to change the car in 10 years. In case you think I'm bluffing, it occured in Lancaster Ave. in PA, 2 miles from Villanova, where I went, an area that if anyone has seen it, can attest it is full of high price exotics since it's the wealthiest per-acre area in the country. The red NSX was revving and being a jerk and didn't even look worried when I got up to the light next to him, just gave me a snide look. Too bad.
Also, I've never beaten a Honda on the street, in the GN. Because I don't waste my gas :) I've had to race them at the track because of the random line-up's at test and tune, but it's a frustrating waste of time and money. My last encounter was against a hatchback civic with the MIGHTY GS-R engine swapped in, and the timeslips were my 12.7 (slow since I start with low boost and work up) to his 15.9, wow, sure was close. I have beaten plenty of Hondas on the street, though... in my Saturn. Never lost to one, in fact (closest race was to a new Si with mods). The Honda guys try to snub my Saturn too, but it has something the Honda forgot to give to it's 4-cyl's...torque.

I'll buy American, thank you. (or PERHAPS German...S4, mmmmm)

I paid $29.00 for my K&N at the local auto store and $25.00 for my Thrasher street chip. Pretty good bang for the buck.

Keep talkin'...

Okay "VTECH" you spelled the damn thing wrong repeatedly. It's "VTEC". My friend has a 99 Civic Si, I know this, and know what it stands for. Maybe your car says "VTECH" because you bought an 89 CRX and painted "VTECH" on it yourself or bought some stickers from the hardware store. VTEC!! Say it with me... "VTEC!!!" His car was good, it was a good match for me...in my 95 Ford Probe GT. And don't even START on handling because the Probe would hand him his AZZ. The brakes in those Si sissymobiles are laughable too. NOT a sports car, quick, yes, but NOT a sports car.

I see your profile, you were born in 1984 and are a 'chef'. Meaning you flip burgers. You are a troll that gives Honda owners a worse name. Post some pix of your car, under the hood and whatnot. We don't fear you, at least I don't. Your Honda buddy here runs 14.9 in his "13 second" Civic, so I know how "fast" your stupid cars are. Even if you are turbo'ed and running that sweet body kit (another 30 hp, right??), you'll LOSE and LOSE BADLY to 90% of the T/Rs out there. Where are your timeslips?? I've seen them for my car, high 12s on slicks. Wanna race?? Have a good day.

$1000 will put you in the low 12's no problem, pure bolt-ons. And that doesn't even include a body kit or a fart tip! I have never come across a Honda worth my time. And how old is this "VTECH" guy anyway? He spells like he is 12. He even spelled his name wrong. How do you do that?? And yes, driving down a straight line would get boring after a while if it took you 16+ seconds each time to do it.

VTECH, sounds like you brought a knife to a gun fight bro:D This Thread will not be locked unless it gets ugly so ya'll keep it clean. Rules: Back up what you state with verifiable Facts not conjecture.

Geoff

hehehe

4cd-Air, you run 10.1 in the 1000' ??? I've never heard of 1000' tracks before, do you know what that translates into in the 1/8 or the 1/4?? Assuming it takes a little bit longer to go from 660' to 1000' than it does from 1000' to 1320', I'd guess you turn maybe 7.9s in the 1/8, and mid 12s in the 1/4??? Is that in the ballpark?? I'm trying to figure these things out, because up in Maine we only have 1/8 mile tracks, and it seems like everyone is basing "acceleration" on 1/4s.

VTECH, when you get an NSX, then come talk to us. You drive a Civic (maybe). And STOCK NSXs aren't all that damn fast. I wouldn't wanna autocross against one though. Lets see some PICTURES!!! Until then you will be a little kid in an 88 CRX who works at McDonald's and has nothing better to do than run your mouth at people with real cars.

No offense meant, IBBAKAGEN, I have never piloted a FWD car capable of beating 15s, but I know a lot of Regal GS and Grand Prix GTP guys have some MAJOR traction issues off the line. Do you and your brother still plan to hang out here after what happened to his car??? Just curious, it sucks about his loss, hopefully he'll have better luck with his next ride. Hopefully it'll be domestic powered! :p

VTECH really needs to get a life, and a REAL car! I'd rather own and drive a brick than a pregnant roller skate... :cool:

Spacelord......

I'm gonna stay....I wasn't really just here for my brother's sake......I like TR's. Also, I find some interesting stuff goin on here. There are also a bunch of cool people here. Besides.....
Who else am I gonna argue with? :D JK

I can't say much for my brother though, I don't know what his plans are. I know he's very upset about his loss. He was here earlier and didn't want to see any pics of GN's cuz it would have made him mad. I hope he's happy with whatever vehicle he ends up getting. I also hope he has better luck this time.

Thanks,
Miguel