My new 17x11s

JDSfastGN

well I got my new 17x11s on the car yesterday. The car is pretty dirty and I haven't had time to really clean it up but i did back it out and take some pics after the install. Overall I'm happy but the 315/35/17 nittos ran narrower than I thought. It doesn't quite have the "steam roller" look. The nittos have the stretched look on the wheel and next time I will go with a tire that actually measures a true 315. I have 3/8" clearance with the notched frame and almost wish I could have a 17x11.5 haha. The wheels are actually more tucked in than I thought but I would rather them tucked in than sticking out. I'll have better pics after this weekends car show.
DSC04424.jpg

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04428.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

car looks pretty sick!

by "this weekends car show" , are you talking about the houston coffee and cars meet in the morning? i'll be headin there as well in my white t and brothers nsx.

nope no rub at all so far. Ill know more after the drive this weekend but it appears to have plenty of clearance. I do have my frame notched and fender lip rolled.

deftool, naw not cars and coffee (although I would like to attend one month), Ill be at the Classic car stampede in Bellville. Its a ways from you guys in beaumont? but would be worth it, usually there are 250-300 cars and we usually have 20-30 buicks as well.

nope no rub at all so far. Ill know more after the drive this weekend but it appears to have plenty of clearance. I do have my frame notched and fender lip rolled.

deftool, naw not cars and coffee (although I would like to attend one month), Ill be at the Classic car stampede in Bellville. Its a ways from you guys in beaumont? but would be worth it, usually there are 250-300 cars and we usually have 20-30 buicks as well.

ohh thats right, didnt know that was this weekend, i'll have to check that out some time. im only getting 10 mpg at the moment, dont know if i want to spend 90 bucks on gas this weekend. im down here in sugar land btw.

Imo you've got them sitting in the rear wheelwells perfectly. What's the backspacing on the 17x11s?

Imo you've got them sitting in the rear wheelwells perfectly. What's the backspacing on the 17x11s?

They are 6" of bs but I did slip on a 1/4" billet spacer I had to get the wheels out just a tad for the right look. With a good frame notch I think 5.75 would be about perfect

Looks great! Did you run a 5.5"BS? I noticed my 315's are awfully narrow for a 315 too. I'm running a Falcon Azenis on the street rims. I'm wondering what 315's you can get that will mount a little wider. I could fit another 2" mounted width on mine. Kind of suprising once I got them on the car. Either way, those look really awesome! Good job!

Looks great! Did you run a 5.5"BS? I noticed my 315's are awfully narrow for a 315 too. I'm running a Falcon Azenis on the street rims. I'm wondering what 315's you can get that will mount a little wider. I could fit another 2" mounted width on mine. Kind of suprising once I got them on the car. Either way, those look really awesome! Good job!

Ended up with 6" BS. I ran 4.75" on my 9.5" wheels and thought I wanted to keep them at the same distance from the fender to the mounting hub. So since I was adding 1.5" to my wheel's width I just added that to my BS and figured I needed a 6.25" bs. After measuring though I decided on 6" just to make sure I had plenty of clearance at the frame. Now looking back 5.75 would have looked better probably but I am very happy and can't wait to clean it up and let a friend take it down the road so I can judge it a little better:cool: I know the MT drag radials are much wider than the nittos in 315 form. I'm actually pretty sure that nittos 315/35/17 555 non drag radial is wider than the 555r I'm running. I have also seen the very pricey goodyear eagle F1s and they are very wide in 315s as well.

I copied your backspacing when I got my wheels the first time. I may be copying your suspension setup soon. I love the stance. How does it ride?

I copied your backspacing when I got my wheels the first time. I may be copying your suspension setup soon. I love the stance. How does it ride?

haha I remember that now, I still really like your wheels. It rides really well I think. Its not harsh or jarring at all. It is obviously not the floaty cushy ride of a stock car but it is firmer. I have stayed away from poly bushings just to keep it a little softer.

if you do requests, could you get a picture from low and behind? they look pretty steamroller to me :D

if you do requests, could you get a picture from low and behind? they look pretty steamroller to me :D

I have these that I left off. The one focused on the grass so you can't see much. I'll take some better ones in good light this weekend

DSC04429.jpg

DSC04427.jpg

Alright well I went and drove the car and there isn't any rubbing. I washed it up and took a few more better shots tonight, so I'll go ahead and whore up the thread with more pics. After walking up to the car at the Kroger parking lot I was pretty pleased with how it looked:D I have no idea why photobucket is making my pics quality look so bad but whatever lol
DSC04433.jpg

DSC04435.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04439.jpg

DSC04440.jpg

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04443.jpg

DSC04448.jpg

DSC04445.jpg

Wouldn't a 6" BS with a 1/4" spacer equal to 6.25" BS instead of 5.75" BS?
Conrad

holy schnikeys!! your car is bad a**! thanks for the extra shots. they are steamrollers. from behind that car looks all business. well done sir

oh yeah and i almost forgot i used one of your pics for my desktop. thanks:D