my new buick!

Looks like the heads are o'ringed. The other holes are there to help hold the gasket from slipping out under lots of boost.

That sucks. But at least you can just install more gaskets and you'll be on your way again. Your car will also have LESS base compression too after installing new gaskets. Be sure to install new valve stem seals while the head are off. This also leads me to another subject that is really "touchy" about these cars.....

Off topic and I apologize.....

Do you see where the gaskets are letting the combustion out of the cylinders and into the crankcase? This is where base compression comes from in these engines. This is why I preach to the guys that want to install vacuum pumps on their engines. A vacuum pump is a band aid to what the real problem is. This is a PERFECT example of of what I've been telling these guys. They need to cure what's causing the base compression before you put money into a vacuum pump.

gaskets.png

Wow! That's been rusting there for quite a while. That looks like a ATR external gate downpipe. I have one also that the flanges have rusted like that too. You could find another exhaust housing or have someone weld that up for you.

The .85hsg should get you a few more tenths over the .63. That's what I would do also.

Holy crap man! After finding the few things you have already found I would probably just tear the entire thing apart and start over. That turbo looks like it went to battle with a pebble. :eek:

ya.. calling precision as soon as possible to find out the biggest turbo i can run on 65lb injectors and dual pumps..

ck

The TE45 is a very nice turbo. I would recommend staying with it if you can get it fixed for a good price.

I am running 75lb injectors and was considering getting that turbo before I got a smoking deal on a GT6776 that I just had to go with.

Good choice with the .85 housing. I went from a .63 to a .85 and although some said the larger size would result in more lag, I havent noticed it, to me, it spools like now and once I get my rear fixed and put some ET Streets on the car that turbo should be taking me into the 10's this spring. :)

2110. for the turbo ill be going with.. will have to upgrade my injectors to 80s.. i got 60s now.. if anyone is looking for some 60s.. has probably less than 100miles on em..

cars almost back together. i sent my turbo to precision to be rebuilt. i put 80lbers in .. and a precision plenum with a 70mm tb...

Very nice acquisition, there are many nice vehicles on this board and it obvious that the GN / T-Type groups are in an entirely different class with regard to clean and scary fast 4 seaters.