my new daily driver

tonys87

2010 r/t classic.. i swaped the white spoiler with a black one. i think it looks better. anyone else a fan of the challenger:D

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 383
Nice!
I think Dodge did a great job on the new challenger.

The stance could be lower...and it could be lighter weight...but overall...I like 'em.;)

I orderd some Eibach lowering springs which will bring it down 1.7inch and a catback exhaust. they're too quite stock

damn tony, how many cars have you had lately? and a new motor for the buick. must be nice :eek:

A few I guess:) my navigator had too many miles and was a huge gas guzzler..lucky if I got 15mpg on the freeway which is what I mostly drive..this thing gets 25mpg

Beautiful car, Tony, white's my favorite color, especially for a performance car. What's the HP & TQ ratings?
I had a '70 Dodge Challenger T/A with the 340 C.I., 6 pack, & 4 speed and those cars were very quick and great handlers. How about some before & after pics after the lowering job?

Thanks Gary. The hp rating is 375 and 400lb-tq
Beautiful car & color, I think that I better keep my CTS-V though. I'll be looking forward to seeing the after pics on the stance & tire clearance from lowering.

Ive

Got a 2008 first edition orange /black with the big hemi .try and break the tires loose bet you cant .at least mine wont .gotta love the traction control .. Have had no problems yet

They have some nice ground effects packages for these new Challengers too. I've seen some real nice ones. There's a black one not to far form my house that looks sinister. I spanked the guy once in the GN and we chatted, he said he was making about 500HP (had some unmentioned upgrades) but that his car was used by some local builder to proto a supercharger kit and he's sending it back to the guy for the free kit he was promised for being the test bench and would be making over 600HP when it came back. I told him to come and get some more when he thinks he's ready.;)

One thing he did that I couldn't make up my mind if I liked or not was he put red LED's inside the faux hood scoops so they glowed red...:rolleyes:

I had a '70 Dodge Challenger T/A with the 340 C.I., 6 pack, & 4 speed and those cars were very quick and great handlers. QUOTE]

That was my first car....almost...:biggrin:
When I was 16, I found one....red with black....for $4500. Took dad to go make the deal. He nixed the plan saying it was too much car for a 16 year old.

Good thing because 3 months later, the 68 Camaro that I bought instead was parked into the side of a 56 stake bodied Chevy flat bed...totalled....and I and the entire interior was covered in 3 chocolate malts that I was transporting form Baskin Robins to home...when that Chevy truck pulled out in front of me.
Glad it didn't happen to that Callenger T/A.:rolleyes:

Got a 2008 first edition orange /black with the big hemi .try and break the tires loose bet you cant .at least mine wont .gotta love the traction control .. Have had no problems yet

Got the exhaust in on Thursday And took her out for a ride. Wheels break loose with no problem:) check out solo performance. They make a awesome kit for these cars that fit perfectly.

The Challengers are great looking cars. I think Dodge did a good job with the retro look.

The biggest problem with them is that speed parts are mega expensive and they are WAYYYYY too heavy to make fast. The IRS has also been problematic when you put power to them.

A good friend has a black SRT8 that he has sunk over $65K into since buying the car. It has a Hellion twin turbo kit, CNC ported heads and intake, cam, stainless headers and exhaust, intake kit, custom twin disc clutch, billet axles, literally days on the dyno with custom tuning and who knows what else. This past Saturday night he finally broke into the 11s with an 11.73 @ 121. He has gone through several clutches and axles and is still on borrowed time with his current setup. He wants to get the car into the 10s and is now looking at swapping in an automatic and possibly a straight axle. I say drive the car and enjoy it and make something else your race car.

this thing is my daily driver and will be for the next five years. So the only other mod will be a CAI. j learned my lesson with my GN;)

I've had my 2010 Black Crystal Pearl R/T since September, and I love it.

It's got the Super Track Pack suspension package with the 20" F1's. Nice, big, quiet, comfortable car with great interior room.

Not a screamer, but good balls for a daily driver. It's staying stock, 'cause any super- or turbocharging setup is too damned expensive ($7K and up.)

I've had my 2010 Black Crystal Pearl R/T since September, and I love it.

It's got the Super Track Pack suspension package with the 20" F1's. Nice, big, quiet, comfortable car with great interior room.

Not a screamer, but good balls for a daily driver. It's staying stock, 'cause any super- or turbocharging setup is too damned expensive ($7K and up.)

Got any pics?? Is it auto or stick??