My New HR Parts Rear Suspension

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Well about 3 weeks ago i went out to arizona and put a few new parts on the car. i installed pauls, hr bar, double adjustable uppers, +1/4 lowers. i also installed qa1's, factory replacement springs for the rear, and pauls tranny crossmember mounts. i have other parts i need to put on but not sure if i will get them on before the WCN. also i need to adjust the pinion angle as its at -4 at the momment. anyways pictures speak for them selves. everyone likes pictures.

o a few things on the picturs. i was installing the hr bar with no directions as i had it sitting in a box for years so the bolts are wrong on one side while its dangaling there. and also the new directions say put a washer between the gold bushing holder and the black axle clamp which i will do when i go out next. i didnt get any picture of the cross member bushings.

rear end is fully built. welded axle tubes, 33 spline axles, spool etc, im going to be ordering all wheel disk and front sc&c parts but havent done it as i dont have time to put it on. anyways let me know what you think

Attachments

• DSCF1374.JPG
    DSCF1374.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCF1375.JPG
    DSCF1375.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF1376.JPG
    DSCF1376.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF1377.JPG
    DSCF1377.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 394
  • DSCF1381.JPG
    DSCF1381.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 379
more

Attachments

• DSCF1383.JPG
    DSCF1383.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF1384.JPG
    DSCF1384.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF1390.JPG
    DSCF1390.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF1392.JPG
    DSCF1392.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF1395.JPG
    DSCF1395.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 382
and more

Attachments

• DSCF1397.JPG
    DSCF1397.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF1398.JPG
    DSCF1398.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 380
Ah, if it was me, I would have spent all that money on the Rampart Street hookers. Oh, wrong forum. J/K, Brent looks very nice. Good to see you spending all that money on the economy. Glad to see that you are alive and well.

Ah, if it was me, I would have spent all that money on the Rampart Street hookers. Oh, wrong forum. J/K, Brent looks very nice. Good to see you spending all that money on the economy. Glad to see that you are alive and well.

thanks gary, im alive and doing great. i have been spending alot of money lately. today i just bought another street bike. 2009 GSXR1000. anyways i got several more things i want to do to the car but im going to wait till after the event. things left before the event

put the front qa1's in

finish installing the xfi oil/fuel logging

finish changing the plugs.

install new laptop

possibly slicks?

bigger wastegate spring for more boost :)

thats about it. lots of stuff for next year

sc&c uppers/spc lowers
front springs
aerospace front and rear disk
new trans with a BRAKE
new driveshaft
possibly a new turbo shhhhhhhhh dont tell
slicks for sure

why the F*&% dont you ever call when you come into town, i would go help you do some of that stuff (or maybe ill just stand there, trying to figure out whats wrong w/ my car:mad: ).

buickbert

why the F*&% dont you ever call when you come into town, i would go help you do some of that stuff (or maybe ill just stand there, trying to figure out whats wrong w/ my car:mad: ).

buickbert

lol, i will remember to call next time. when i did all that stuff i had the 2 other buick guys come over. i will call you so we can have 3 then it will be a get togther. im coming out again on the 5th 6th and 7th. not sure what you could do but if you want come over. i got the caspers headlight harness i need to install as well.

here is some other parts. front end inner and outer tie rod ends, front qa1's and caspers headlight harness, front sway bar bushings (havent put the sway bar back on and not sure if i will since i have the hr bar) protractor etc.

Attachments

• DSCF1378.JPG
    DSCF1378.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF1379.JPG
    DSCF1379.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 345
anyone need some boxed uppers and lowers?

anyone need some boxed uppers and lowers? this is what i took off. the lowers probley need bushings. uppers look good.

stock sway bar? LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0513.JPG
    DSCF0513.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF0514.JPG
    DSCF0514.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF0515.JPG
    DSCF0515.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCF0516.JPG
    DSCF0516.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 340
great looking car, and u have all the i have on my wish list:biggrin:

thanks. here is a picture of the exterior right before the install of parts. car had about and inch of dust on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 327
thanks. here is a picture of the exterior right before the install of parts. car had about and inch of dust on it.

lol, i store the parts i buy for GN in trunk too, but think i got u beat on the dust, black GN starting to look grey. only driven once in last 8 months and that was just in the parking lot at work where i store it. love those designer T's wouldnt mine checking it out sometime.

lol, i store the parts i buy for GN in trunk too, but think i got u beat on the dust, black GN starting to look grey. only driven once in last 8 months and that was just in the parking lot at work where i store it. love those designer T's wouldnt mine checking it out sometime.

right on. once i get it out here come on by. its just a hotair car so remember its nothing fast ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 325
I wish. That wouldn't be my car. Maybe once I get the tbrake in and some slicks

Lookin real good!

that will keep you busy for a bit,
should help 60ft too !

That was the goal lee. I wanted to get better 60 foots. Best so far was a 1.60 off the foot brake at 5psi. Also the rearend would move a lot when making a turn so I wanted to get that fixed as well. I think the bushings where shot in the lowers letting the rearend move. The spool doesn't help either.

Brent:
Is Rampart Devision trying to match Santa Monica PD for overtime $$. The new '09 Cad CTS-V on the "one time only single payment plan" left me so broke I am going to have to sell blood to have enough money to buy gas for it.