My ScanMaster readings.

kaj

i finally hooked 'er up. i'm in the middle of figuring out where the problems are. currently, i'm researching what "normal" readings should be. all these numbers are somewhat arbitrary and take some deciphering. LOL.
anyway, here they are. numbers with dashes show the range the car is operating in during my logging:

AF= 05
L8 = 25-42
BAT = 13.9
INT = 128-150
BL = 128-160
MPH = 0
CLT = 212
ATS = 71
R = 625-825
TPS = .38
IAC = 76 at start up to 02 when coolant temp is up
CC = oscillates 17-257
MAL = 23/44

my so-far-limited research tells me i may have a bad MAF, 'cause no way i have that low of a load at idle without a serious vacuum leak between the MAF and TB. i checked 10 times. i can find no vacuum leak. that would also explain the MAL 44.
car is idling at 23" of vacuum. fuel pressure is at 38/43 or whatever OEM specs are supposed to be.
i have a tach and wideband on the way. should be here Monday.
i read INT should be 115-135. at one point, mine is hitting 150. i need to figure out what that is and why.
my car is an '85 and doesn't even HAVE an air temp sensor, so not sure how it's getting the 71 LOL.
what RPM do these cars normally idle at?
should IAC go to "0" once coolant temps come up?
i know narrow band sensors oscillate, so i'm assuming the variance in the cc reading is normal?

anyone see anything that catches their eye? thanks, guys.

bump the TPS sensor up to .50 then back off the throttle blade screw until the IAC reads between 10-30. Unplug the ECM power to reset it and post the numbers again. Also, what kind of chip are you using?

bump the TPS sensor up to .50 then back off the throttle blade screw until the IAC reads between 10-30. Unplug the ECM power to reset it and post the numbers again. Also, what kind of chip are you using?

Will do tonight. Thank you.

Noob question: where is the throttle blade screw? I've been looking for a way to adjust the idle for three days. Had the turbo and tb off a while back and don't remember seeing anything. It's got me feeling pretty unintelligent. Lol

P.s. I have noooooooo idea what kinda chip I have. I'm also told my '85 maf may not be compatible with my '86 ecu. Doh!

Kaj the link below will answer a lot of your questions on your numbers.
Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

bookmark it so you have the numbers to refer to.

If your numbers are warmed up in idle as they should be then,

your maf number is good at idle.
your bLM-INT numbers , IAC -TPS numbers are off. You should be looking for a vacuum hose/ line leaking, exhaust manifold crack/leak etc as well as following the TPS/IAC adjustment procedure.

Kaj the link below will answer a lot of your questions on your numbers.
Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

bookmark it so you have the numbers to refer to.

If your numbers are warmed up in idle as they should be then,

your maf number is good at idle.
your bLM-INT numbers , IAC -TPS numbers are off. You should be looking for a vacuum hose/ line leaking, exhaust manifold crack/leak etc as well as following the TPS/IAC adjustment procedure.

will do, and THANKS!