My Stage 2 street car

Wow cage looks nice......but will it get sfi approved is the question If it does I would buy one in a heartbeat.

A few questions, what AR on the turbine, what downpipe, what fuel, what size valves in the heads, , who ported the heads, flow numbers? what headers, what stall speed at 0 psi boost, what converter pump configuration stator type ie 17, 18, 19 fin. injector duty cycle? Intake air temps? what rear axle gear? How did you get the car down to 3200 lbs? What timing are you running@25 psi boost?

thanks

Wow cage looks nice......but will it get sfi approved is the question If it does I would buy one in a heartbeat.

A few questions, what AR on the turbine, what downpipe, what fuel, what size valves in the heads, , who ported the heads, flow numbers? what headers, what stall speed at 0 psi boost, what converter pump configuration stator type ie 17, 18, 19 fin. injector duty cycle? Intake air temps? what rear axle gear? How did you get the car down to 3200 lbs? What timing are you running@25 psi boost?

thanks
.85 Precision 3 bolt housing, 3.5" TH style DP I made to clear the ATR headers, Q16 fuel
the heads are GN1 1.90 intake, 1.6 exhaust, ported by Champion, I raised the ports to match my intake, it is a Ported champion, but had raised ports for GN1r's, I also opened the chambers up to unshroud the valves for the 4" bore
Converter is an 18blade PTC that stalls at 3800 at 0 boost
I am having logging issues, never checked idc on a full pass, but on a street blast I saw 85% fuel pressure is high, 48 with the line off, 73 under boost
21deg timing
on a 2nd gear pull, air temp went from 110 cruising, to 105 by the end of the log, don't have any real down track logs
3.42 gears
I have glass bumpers, no heater box, removed the power seat, fuel cell with 10 gallons or less, F-body radiator, removed the jute padding from behind the seat, no radio (can't hear it anyway), no speakers, no cruise, no wipers. still has power locks, windows
The on center engine added some weight over my old 109, and the V1 intercooler is 15lbs heavier than the old Cotton's I was running, it was an older version.
The engine is everything from my old 245" stroker except for the heads, needed 14 bolt
Trans is a Janis TH400 with a reverse manual valve body, good clutches, 34 element sprag, and a brake that I don't use. He wants to put a billet drum in it, but I don't feel like taking it out.
The 79 Cutlass in my sig is 3100 with no driver, stock 80,000 short block, steel everything, no power anything, no heater box. Those older cars do have slightly thicker sheet metal though.
A friend of mine has a loaded Astroroof Limited. I weighed it after a pass, 3500 with me in it, it was 50lbs heavier than my car at the time, same scale, 10 mins apart.

Thanks for the info, what are the logging issues, it should log automatically if you set it up?

It just isn't logging. I can get it to log sometimes. Going to try it again tomorrow. I am going to start running with the laptop in the car, and manually trigger it. I was worried Wednesday night. I used to get in trouble running an OTC 2000 on Wednesday night, so didn't want to chance a laptop.

Got the map issue all ironed out. I gave the wastegate rod 2 full turns at the track for the last pass, that killed the map. I just made a blast, looking at the boost gauge and manually logging, 28.1psi boost, 10.8AFR, 20deg timing, 90% duty cycle.

Got the map issue all ironed out. I gave the wastegate rod 2 full turns at the track for the last pass, that killed the map. I just made a blast, looking at the boost gauge and manually logging, 28.1psi boost, 10.8AFR, 20deg timing, 90% duty cycle.

What did the car run at 28 psi?

The map sensor blew at 28psi, Starting popping right off the line. I drove the car to a 13.xx something. Came out on 10psi, than popped, and I kept it out of boost the whole way down just to get off the track. I have a video of it, but it is embarassing.

The map sensor blew at 28psi, Starting popping right off the line. I drove the car to a 13.xx something. Came out on 10psi, than popped, and I kept it out of boost the whole way down just to get off the track. I have a video of it, but it is embarassing.
I am really loving this car, and what you have done . No need to feel embarassed ! Shit happens.

Thanks, turbojosh. I just don't like the rumors that get started. Not here, but I am sure at the track, everybody thought the car blew up, or that these cars are nightmares. It was an easy fix, I knew what was wrong 2 mins after it happened, and verified it the next day, and was driving the car Friday night. I always here horror stories about these cars, they never run right. My car is pretty reliable, just has little issues like this here and there. All of my V8 friends that are in the low 9's doubted my car, and they all think I should put a BBC in it. Well, I am running with their big inch BBC back halved race cars, and can drive mine on the street.

I just don't like the rumors that get started. Not here, but I am sure at the track, everybody thought the car blew up, or that these cars are nightmares. It was an easy fix, I knew what was wrong 2 mins after it happened, and verified it the next day, and was driving the car Friday night. I always here horror stories about these cars, they never run right. My car is pretty reliable, just has little issues like this here and there.

Very TRUE !!! Faster cars do break just like a stocker can. You do like we do when something happeneds.. Find the problem before the car is cooled off an FIX it.. No 30 page thread about how come we broke a roller rocker :D It really blows guys minds when they see (rumor...Melissa blew the car up) a fast car slow it down when something doesn't feel right. Then the shocked look when your back 2 days later an the car is flying :p Car is lookin GREAT !!

I can pull up allot videos of issues at the track, and the fact people starting rumors are just negative hatters, and cant say nothing nice at all! As far as your friends doubting you, I don't call those friends, but fools. I use to hang out with morons like that, and some even still throw words around. It's amamzing how some people will not man up and pat a brother on the back, and tell them it's ok , but it's so easy for a fool to kick, and knock a man down of his pride. Your doing fine, just keep at the marathon, and not the sprint race, cause that is what racing is all about. Keep up the good work, and don't let it get to you.

I can pull up allot videos of issues at the track, and the fact people starting rumors are just negative hatters, and cant say nothing nice at all! As far as your friends doubting you, I don't call those friends, but fools. I use to hang out with morons like that, and some even still throw words around. It's amamzing how some people will not man up and pat a brother on the back, and tell them it's ok , but it's so easy for a fool to kick, and knock a man down of his pride. Your doing fine, just keep at the marathon, and not the sprint race, cause that is what racing is all about. Keep up the good work, and don't let it get to you.
YUP you do something good nobody said's nothing you fuck up once and they'll remember that forever.