My wife thinks I'm nuts

Do yourself a favor and pick up one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TYVEK-No-Elastic-Disposable-Coverall-XL-14123/203347781

I'm not a fan of por-15 after the last time I used it. It seemed to flake off easier than I thought. Perhaps my prep wasn't as good, but when you're doing that much under a car that used to have undercoating everywhere sometimes you miss a spot that had residue. Plus the por-15 black comes out way to shiny IMO.

I'm a favor of this:

Coat your bare metal/slightly rusty parts in "Ospho"
http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...d=product_ad&gclid=CM3o_YDFg74CFeRlOgodhAoAng

Hit it with primer. I like Eastwood's primer...

Then Eastwood's Chassis Black. That way future blemishes can just be spray bombed to match.
We use tyvek at work, and that's a great idea. Anything for a marine application is bound to hold up. Thanks

I strongly believe a lot of garage queens rust out from being washed and put away with water still in the body and other hard to reach areas. Better off just dusting it and spray shining it and saving the water for when it's really dirty and can be heat dried properly.
^^^Very true. I hardly wash with water anymore for that very reason. My car usually won't get that dirty anyway so I can get away with just dusting it and detail spray it. But when I do give it a full wash I take it for a spin to get rid of trapped water before it goes back in the garage.

Cant say im lucky enough to have a nice paint job, my Turbo T resembles a rat rod of sorts. Grease prints on door from slammin door,grease prints on hood from opening and closing. My body lines are square all gaps equal on both sides. Missing my rear fillers, immaculate chrome bumpers. Fresh T wheels. There dusty tho, got it were it counts tho:writer:.. my driveline enjoys horse meat for breakfast, some fried Ricer for Lunch, and prime cut LSX for dinner. My wife, hates going fast, and jokes that I cheat on her with my car.

If you guys are worried about moisture after you wash your car, use a leaf blower on it, I do every time I wash it, it's amazing how much water gets trapped behind moldings, etc.... sure my neighbors think I'm nuts but who cares. All my rides look impeccable so I must be doing something right.

I dunno about on a gn, as I just don't think any classic car should see salt or snow while driving, but on my truck I use fluid film, works great and not really that expensive.

I think POR = POS. Have had it flake off within a year with trucks at work. I have used Eastwoods and that stuff is rock solid. Looks great after two years. It may cost you a lot of money, but it is totally worth it. Get the extreme chassis black with the rust encapsulator.

I think POR = POS. Have had it flake off within a year with trucks at work. I have used Eastwoods and that stuff is rock solid. Looks great after two years. It may cost you a lot of money, but it is totally worth it. Get the extreme chassis black with the rust encapsulator.
On my old toyota p-u I used a little Eastwood on some parts and some rustoleum in others. The Eastwood seems to be holding up a hell of a lot better than the rustoleum. I even used their rusty metal primer. I just wish I had some of the por-15 then. I would know for certain then. I think I'm going to use the Eastwood again, you can put the por-15 over the Eastwood but I don't believe you can put anything over the por-15 unless you resand everything.