My WOT Problem my IAC/TPS/Timing?

TriShield

Buick Turbo Elitist Pr|ck
I've been dealing with the same hesitation/stalling problem at WOT for awhile now.

Basically when the boost and RPM get way up there the car will audibly go "ka-chuck" "ka-chuck" "ka-chuck" or stall for a split second then do it again unless you take your foot off the gas.

I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, added a FP regulator, ignition, ignition wires, spark plugs, PCV valve, etc.

I was speaking with a mechanic friend of mine and he says is most likely my throttle position sensor (he said to replace it), if not then it is my IAC or the way the timing is currently set.

Does that make any sense?

Please tell me you're using a scan tool to monitor knock. If not....the computer may be trying to save your engine.

Are you getting any knock retard? What are the O2 millivolts at WOT?

John

very unlikely it is the tps and surely not the iac.

Most likely, it is, as John suggests above, detonating and the computer is pulling timing trying to save itself.

I lack a scantool.

Stock boost gauge, etc.

I've had no luck in scoring any old laptops for TurboLink. :eek:

Originally posted by TriShield
I've been dealing with the same hesitation/stalling problem at WOT for awhile now.

Does that make any sense?

NO,
and throwing parts at a care to fix it is way more expensive then finding a cheapy laptop and a scanner.

The BEST investment for your car is a scanner.

Hunt, hunt, hunt, hunt, the laptop deals are out there, you just gotta work and network to find them. I have a $50 one I ben usiing for 3 years now. Dead battery, black and white display, and is reliable as a rock.....