mystery plug (shot in the dark...)

rookie_LC2

the name is...DOOmass
This is about the most vague question one can ask....

under the drivers side dash there is a female plug that i cannot trace. It is clear plastic, has no male counterpart anywhere; i've tried tracing it (with the dash on) can't find where it goes. I have the '87 buick chassis manual, i can't seem to find it in a block diagram or the routing drawings. (i've also tried searching here, but i have no idea what im searching for!)

this mystery plug has a resistor jammed into it as a jumper.

any ideas?.... the car hasn't been on the road since feburary, in the process of a trans rebuild and installing an entirely new brake system, so i cant tell if its a driveability issue or not. i've put about 100 miles on the car since i bought it in janurary, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Dave

PS: im ALSO repairing the damage from an attempted theft :mad: the guy broke MANY things in an attempt to start it, which really burns my ass.

Have that same plug dangling, asked here before but never got a response.....id sure like to know what it is though.....

That's for the very rare factory-option, boost-sensing suckulator. Not available through GM any more - you have to get it from the aftermarket.

i believe it has 2 cavities, though will double check that tomorrow when i go over to my buddys shop.

for someone who's learning fast:

whats a boost-sensing suckulator?

Could be part of the theft deterrant system if it has 4 cavities and a diode accross it.

Look for light blue, yellow, and a pink wire to it.