Name some obscure US Produced Car Models made during the 1980s

How about the Caddy Cimmaron. They were based on the Cavaliers. They were POS's. I think they only made them a couple of years back in the early 80's.

Another ASC McLaren car that not too many know about...

Attachments

• ASC 655_5547.jpg
    ASC 655_5547.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 310
  • ASC MCLRN26.jpg
    ASC MCLRN26.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 318
A few other T-Types.....
Seen any of these lately?

Attachments

• ad_buick_skylark_t_type_silver_1983[1].jpg
    ad_buick_skylark_t_type_silver_1983[1].jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 353
  • ad_buick_skyhawk_silver_1984[1].jpg
    ad_buick_skyhawk_silver_1984[1].jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 351
  • ad_buick_somerset_t_type_1985[1].jpg
    ad_buick_somerset_t_type_1985[1].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 310
That deal moved 5 times as many Yugos per month than their previous best month but they killed the deal because the Caddy sales fell 80%.:p

One of the standard Yugo jokes was the reason they had a rear window defroster was to keep your hands warm when you had to push them.

Maybe a year ago one was advertised in my local newspaper.....seller used the term car will be a future collectible and was seeking over two grand for it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

87-89 Lesabre T Types were painted: Black, White, Silver, and Red which is the color I had. I loved that car and sold it with super low miles. I will be on the hunt for another one in due time! Surprisingly those guys on their boards are saying its becoming harder to find parts for their cars as well! Damn Obama!:mad:Clunker this!

Trofeos were cool too. Stepfather had one, I drove it, red, super cool to drive and inside with all the buttons I thought I was a fighter pilot!:rolleyes: Sold to some local kid, used to see it a lot, now im sure it bit the dust! Pretty sad even the stuff you make fun of from back in the day will one day become classics. The following of FWD 3800 cars is here and I love mine! GTP and Regal GS will are awesome!

More on the LeSabre T-Types I also had one more of a burgundy than red....great cars.....had a cool dash all analog gauges....comfortable seats leather was an option.

Rear spoilers would warp and front air dams one curb hit and they became a very costly item to repair.

Ben years since I seen any of them in my area in. They never really became sought after or valuable....I member taking mine one year to GS Nats no buyers. Traded it in at a dealership.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

How about the Caddy Cimmaron. They were based on the Cavaliers. They were POS's. I think they only made them a couple of years back in the early 80's.

You are correct....however keep your eye on them in junk yards...believe it or not....they have as an option a power passenegr seat and it is that seat panel that allows you to make a power passenger seat in your turbo Buick.....

The trim panel is a dead match...problem is you need a battery to operate the seat track to reach front and rear bolts to remove it from the car.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Going by memory I think actual seat track is a tad shorter width wise but can be made to work.

Caddy had a few flops that was one of them.

Followed it a few years later with the Catera.....

However, in recent years have have hit a hot streak with the V series.....and this past month CTS coupe is in the showrooms....just my thoughts..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

A few other T-Types.....
Seen any of these lately?

Your on the rite track as Buick did make some rare T-Types....first year 1983 had 5 models and this would vary during the run with that option.

Ever see a 1989 Electra T-Type? Or a 1988? I think sales were slim on these as mostly older people bought these cars and where not interested in suspension upgrades. Just guessing on this.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

With this intelligent group someone can pinpoint the year of this Camaro I am thinking of....

Pretty sure its in the 1980s....they made a small run of Camaro V8s minus AC which was deleted may have been a police package or something. I have seen one or two advertised as such.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Rarer still over at Ford you may recall the early Mustang 4 cylinder turbocharged but did you realize they also released that awesome powerplant in the 1980 Ford Fairmont model?denniskirban@yahoo.com
Dennis, I found an old ad for that elusive one-year-only Fairmont Turbo. They couldn't have made many of them and all were automatics.

Attachments

• AD80FuturaTurbo.jpg
    AD80FuturaTurbo.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,246
These two make me smile - Dodge Mirada & Riviera S Type

I have some literature around here on the Mirada - I will try to find and scan. Also the Predecessor to the Riv T type... the S Type.

Attachments

• 1980-ad[1].jpg
    1980-ad[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,203
Quite a few "dogs" listed here...
For the X-body (Citation, etc) cars, the Buick was the Skylark (a friend had a new one back in the day). The Skyhawk was the Buick J-car. That friend later had the AMC Eagle shown a few photos back.
One of my other buddies had the 1979 Mercury Capri with the turbo 4, I think it was an "RS" package.
My 1st new car was the 1980 Pontiac Phoenix Coupe version of the X-body with the "R.T.S." [Rally Tuned Suspension] and "bigger tires" 205/70-13, I think :rolleyes: 4-speed with tall overdrive.
We rented a Ford EXP on a vacation in CA back in 1982, it was neat looking, but kind of slow with the slushbox.

As common as the general model line is; the 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera XC, especially the wagon...are quite rare compared to the rest of them.....heard less than 500 of the wagon XCs were made, and only seen one for sale 4 years ago...the seller had modified it with new stuff, eibach springs, 15" wheels, rear disc brakes, rear sway bar, fabricated strut bars, slightly modified LG3 3.8 engine, tinted window, it was a nice gloss black car, with the XC Special Edition trim of the reflective orange to red body stripe...seller had wanted around 2500 for it. the XC was supposed to be a 1 year only model, but I've heard, and seen 89s-90 marked as XCs, with the same trim appearance.. body colored wheels, grilles painted, 89-90 had the red stripe instead of chrome strip on rub strips...the XC model was designated, because 1988 was the 90th anniversary of Oldsmobile...(this was also when they had switched the Ciera GT to the International series)...
there is also a 9C1 Celebrity for sale on ebay, it was the police package Celebrity, presumably intended for duty like downtown traffic/parking enforcement and not for high speed chases lol, VERY few of them made compared to the normal plain jane cars.
another hard to find car made with very common parts would be Buick Century Olympic trim, think 1984 was it.....then theres the GS century and T Type Century.....and apparently Grand Touring Century after 1987.....
don't see many of these specific cars, compared to all the plain jane not obscure trims.

one car i haven't really seen alot of lately, a Lebaron turbo convertible with the wood paneling...lol.
there are some 80s NOVAs puttering around, but weren't those based on the renault or some such?

ok how about 81 yenko turbo camaro and a 81 motion camaro

The Baldwin Motion car is sharp, except for the rear spoiler. The Yenko car looks like they just tired of it and lost all their creativity/imagination once they slapped the nose on it.

ok how about 81 yenko turbo camaro and a 81 motion camaro

View attachment 108298

View attachment 108299

The Baldwin Motion car is sharp, except for the rear spoiler. The Yenko car looks like they just tired of it and lost all their creativity/imagination once they slapped the nose on it.

I agree. Could someone could do a photoshop of the Yenko with a chopped top, smoothed door handles, and widened rear fenders and tires in a new thread please?