need a chip

wanttogofast

i need a chip that would allow me run 116 or 93 without constantly borning 02 sensors. set up basically stock with walbro fp, fpr, 3" dp, nittos, and soon to come a nice tranny from Jimmy in Mundelein with a 2800 stall.

i'm beginning to believe that i am not liked on this site because know one ever replies to my threads. Just trying to learn. please help?

116 octane racegas will kill O2 sensors, period. It doesn't matter what chip you use. If you us the O2 for tuning you will have to replace it after running leaded gas past it as the readings will not be accurate. You will need 2 different chips setup for the different octanes. High boost and high timing require high octane. Boost in the 16-17psi range and timing in the 18-20* range should be okay for 93-94 octane pump gas.

Originally posted by wanttogofast
So with 100 octane I should be fine and able to run higher timing and boost
Higher than what? Man, you need to do some reading:rolleyes:

You need to start at the beginning. go to www.gnttype.org and read everything you can. When you think you understand it all, read it again.

There are some absolute minimums that must be done to the car before you start to mod it in any way, and that includes before adding a chip.

With the chip that i have which is the ULTRACHIP, my car seems to run a little better as long as it is 4 and down. i did not notice this till just now.
thanks guys i will go and work on my car some tomorrow.