Need a Engine Block in the Phoenix AZ Area

e309452

Just bought a 1985 Grand National that's been converted to 87 intercooled specs. Got it super cheap due to the included milkshake. Decided to pull the motor to do a quick refresh and found that the bores are scored pretty bad. The engine is already .030 over so figured I should see if I could source another block with a std bore that could be bored .030 over. The current block is a 140, but I'd be interesed in 109 blocks as well. Let me know what you have and what your asking.

Also anyone ever rebuilt a PTE-44? Or know anyone that can? There is quite a bit of play, but nothing is scraping yet.​

He won't sell me just a block, he will only build an engine for me or rebuild mine.

Hes one of the best out your way. If he built you and engine it would be done correctly. Do it once and don't do it again

I wonder if the blocks are hard to come by or something. I guess it did take me a while to find my engine.

I don't doubt he's one of the best, but I really enjoying doing things myself, almost to a fault haha (never have any free time). Sounds like I might have to hit up a few yards when it cools off a bit...

You anywhere by Sedona? I just looked, it looks like 2 hours. If you strike out let me know. I have a friend that travels to Sedona quit a bit, he may take it with him on a trip.

That would be cool, how often does he make the trip? Sedona's not far at all, nice day trip or even an overnighter with the girl...

I have a complete 86-87 engine w TA performance upper intake , red top injectors, adj fuel reg , etc. in Phoenix. $1500. Paul 480-221-9572

How many miles are on it? I already have a bunch of the goodies from the current setup, ported heads and intake, big injectors for e85, adjustable reg... But might still be interested if i can't turn up anything else...

Anyone on AZ? Found a couple decent ones but they are out of state and shipping is quite a bit.

Don't know the mileage on mine , But it's pretty clean & out of a wrecked car and has been garage kept. Paul 480-221-9572

Did you ever find your engine block? I will be in Chandler , Arizona on the 27th in the evening. I can bring a block and crank if you need it. The only problem is that I am flying out on the 28th very early. It is a business trip. So I will be in and out. If you can meet me on the evening of the 27th, I will throw it in the truck. The block is a .30 with crank and caps, and pistons . You will need a cam and heads, throttle body and exhaust. I will give you the block crank and pistons for 400. If interested let me know. Thanks, Bill 7087178700

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app