Need a GNX wheelcap ID'd!

Thanks guys! I pretty much figured it WASN'T a "real" GNX cap!

So, do we have a "second" that it's an Einke? :D

Ill have to say that its an American racing cap like those used on the Kirban GNX style wheels. I just went out to the garage and compared it t mine....The real GNX cap is going to be closer in appearance to the Pontiac GTA wheel cap

Jack, do you know the diameter of that cap?

I need a set of replacements for my wheels, but can't find the ones I have. If the Kirban's ones will fit, I will just use those. Thanks. :)

Also, the GNX replacements I found on Kirban's webpage aren't the same as the one you posted. I'd rather have the one you posted, as it is the same thing that I currently have on the wheels (well, except it says GNX and mine say ARE).

This is what I found on Kirban's page:
https://www.kirbanperformance.com/store/photos/1509.jpg

Originally posted by kenny

Jack, do you know the diameter of that cap?

The caps for the Enkei's are 2 7/8" in diameter across the slotted bottom part that snaps into the wheel. They are not the ones in Dennis's catalog. Those are for the TTA/GNX wheel and are too big for the Enkei's. The lady I talked with initially at Kirban's said those were the only caps she had. I talked directly with Dennis and he found the Enkei/American caps.

Cool, sounds like I'll have to give Kirban a call.

Hopefully I can find the ones that say ARE instead of GNX. :)

WHEEL CAPS

I HAVE KIRBANS "GNX" WHEELS. IM ASSUMING AMERICAN RACING ACTUALLY MAKES THE RIM AND KIRBAN JUST SELLS IT. MY QUESTION IS THAT I WANT THE "GTA" "GNX" STYLE CENTER CAP VS. THE SMALLER CENTER CAP THAT SEEMS TO FIT MY WHEELS. I WANT TO PUT THE LARGER POWER6 WHEEL CAP (STICK ON OVER THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAP) ON VS. THE SMALLER DIAMETER WHEEL CAP. DOES ANYONE MAKE THE LARGER CENTER CAP TO FIT MY WHEELS....? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE I WASTE ANY MORE MONEY....! $22,000 THIS YR.......... HOLY *UCK I MUST BE OUT OF MY TREE OR SOMETHING TO BE SPENDING THAT MUCH MONEY....! ANYWAY.........SOMEONE GET BACK PLEASE....THANX...:mad:

lol...

FWIW, a fellow board member said that he cut off the big ends and glued them on to the small ends.

So, he had the big outsides, but the small insides.

make sense?:rolleyes:

YEA, I THINK THAT MAKES SENSE. ILL HAVE TO LOOK INTO THAT....HMMMMM. THANX...

ANYONE WITH ANY OTHER IDEAS......? IM LISTENING...! :confused:

Kirbans...

Hola.

Kirbans says that have a set of 4 for $40. They are not in the catalog or the website.

Call and ask...