need advice-which intercooler to go with

tracy

I am undecided about what to do for an intercooler - maybe you guys can help me think this through.

The goal is an EASY and I stress EASY low 12 second car on street tires. I want this car to look stock and do not want to run around on slicks.

That said - should I go with the new PTE stock location IC or is a Dutt neck all I really need???.

I will be staying with the stock turbo for the time being, but may upgrade to a ta-49 next year.

I would assume that the PTE drastically outperforms the Dutt neck equiped stocker and would give me a little added power and consistency in hotter weather.

Thanks

If you are low budget go with dutt neck
you will be able to run low 12 with it.

if you go with PTE stock location IC
low 12 we be very more easy

IMO

Claude

I have a mease 15 row that i just put in last week very easy to install and works great it also has a 3 inch neck not the 2 1/2.

Just out of my curiousity:
How much was the ThunderFab, where did you get it, and how was the install?
Please
Inquiring dead brain cells want to know

Originally posted by Back-N-Black
I have a mease 15 row that i just put in last week very easy to install and works great it also has a 3 inch neck not the 2 1/2.

Does Mease have a website or number where I can reach him??

Just do it right once, and get a Cotton's Front Mount. For the money it takes to just get a decent stock location one, it's just not that much more to get the best possible.

FWIW & IMHO:
The best possible, in some cases, is not a front mount.
When and if I do mine, it will probably be the thunder fab stock mount.

Originally posted by Wells
Just out of my curiousity:
How much was the ThunderFab, where did you get it, and how was the install?
Please
Inquiring dead brain cells want to know

Gary, have one left in stock, can load it in the trailer for Vegas and save you shipping costs!:)

Easy install.

some guys have picked up half a second in the 1/4 mile just swapping one of our intercoolers over a stocker...choice is yours I guess?:confused:

Hey Trace,

My vote goes for the Precision unit. I agree do it once and you should be happy. I just ordered the dutt neck but if i could find better stock location unit i would buy it.

Talk to ya soon

Phil

I have a Cotton`s stock location intercooler and 1/2. Easily got me into the 11s. 12s would be no problem providing you have a few other nice ingredients. This fits perfectly and looks stock. I`m ready to upgrade to a bigger front mount so this one could be for sale...???

EASY low 12's on the stock turbo and street tires is not practical.
And a TA 49 is not going to get you there EASILY either on street tires even with alky.

The Thunder and PTE units are the only ones I would recommend for stealth. I would go with the PTE unit if I did not have a FMIC.

I hate stock location I/Cs. Granted, our high this summer was 88 F, and we had frost this morning!!!

:D

The PTE stock location intercooler cannot be beat IMO. I notice that customers seem to buy by "rows" Rows do not show much of anything. This practice started when folks were building stretch intercoolers from stock cores to see how many "rows" they were using. When we switch to a better or higher flowing core it is IMPOSSIBLE to compare intercoolers by the number of rows unless they use the same make, style ans thickness of core. Rows do not indicate flow or cooling ability. We have a special going on everything right now check the vendor area
Mike