Need Box info...

ATEAV8GN

IC? Who needs that crap!
Gents,

I have come into a DFI box from a friend who is converting his newly aquired car back to stock ecm control and would like some info about his box.

It has "Digital Fuel Injection" stickers on the front a back... The back sticker has some numbers which might aid you in helping me.... The numbers are:
first row: "011142 / 015013"
second row: "GN4 / 061093"
third row: "Serial No. 003533"

We have the reciept from the original purchaser ( the previous owner) and its from Duttweiler's. All the car came with was the box, no software or pc/laptop link harness or anything else.... could ya'll tell me what I need to get this thing going in my car or any other info ya'll could provide???

Thanks in advance,
Drew H. Carlton
'85 GN, 11.912 @ 112.8, NO IC, NO SPRAY, DAILY DRIVER
CAGE JUST IN :)

Without my owner's manual in front of me... You have a batch fire ECU set up for Buick DIS ignition.

You will need an interface harness to connect the ECU to the stock wiring harness in the car, a communication cable, a laptop and Calmap software.

I can email you with a base program if you tell me what size injector you plan to use.... or you can send the ECU to me!!!!!

Oh yeah, you need to wire in a 3 bar map sensor in place of the MAF sensor too.

Dave

TurboDave ,

I'm have 50's in the car right now and plan on using them for a while. That would be awesome if you could send something my way. I got to looking at the box and the plug on the box looks an aweful lot like a stock plug, and when we pulled this thing out of my buddies car there was nothing between the box and the stock harness.... just what I saw

Thanks,
Drew H. Carlton
'85 GN, 11.912 @ 112.8, NO IC, NO SPRAY, DAILY DRIVER

p.s. I attached a photo of the plug... I will get a few more pics on here for ya'll...

Attachments

• dfi_plug.jpg
    dfi_plug.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 128
More pics...

Pic of the internals..

Attachments

• dfi_guts.jpg
    dfi_guts.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 111
Drew, go to the ACCEL website and you can download the training manual, it is a PDF format. Very good info on setting up the DFI system.

paul

Drew,

I have a program for 55#'s that ought to be fairly close. It would be a good starting point. BTW, do download the PDF manual the PaulVR6 refers to. It will be helpful when you start learning about the tuning process.

I really like the DFI. I wish the software to support the ECU was better, but I still think that for the price I paid for a good used ECU, I couldn't find a better deal.

My ECU has a connector that looks like the picture you posted. But I also have a jumper harness that goes between the car and the ECU. My system was orginally purchased from K. Dutwieller and is an early Batch fire ECU. Call Ken D. and ask him whether or not you need this jumper harness.

If Lonnie is watching this thread, he might have a program for 50's.......Lonnie? you out there?

Dave