Need help in SE Michigan

Jebadias

OK, So I'll admit it, I just got this car and really don't have a clue as to how to tune it. Is there anyone in the Lapeer or Macomb area who might be interested in helping me out? Much appreciated.

Jeff,

What kind of problems are you having? I was running 20 psi with the Thrasher 108 with no probs right up till you picked it up. Are you still getting KR? Have you tried the 108? Maybe adjust the alky "on point" down a little? I hadn't noticed any transitional knock (KR upon first going WOT, but then drops back down), but that may be what you are experiencing. Did you try staying in the throttle a little longer, or doing a "low boost" (part throttle, 10-15 psi) run then go WOT a little later? For whatever reason, that sometimes will lower the KR.

Maybe the spark plugs didn't like that long trip home? They were pretty new, but I'm just taking "pot shots" here!

I love that car and will offer whatever advice I can to help you! Hell, I should have kept it as now that I have "just" two TRs, they are both broken and sitting in the garage! :(

Jay,
The problem with the knock was my fault. When I put the cap on the wiper tank I just slapped it on, not paying attention to how I did it. When I tested the system in the driveway it worked fine but I think that the alky went to the back of the tank under acceleration. This caused the pickup to, well, not pick-up. I knew it was going to be something simple. Now I'm experimenting. :D