Need help on picking a turbo

scarface

Hey This is my sett up just finished building my engine Trw forged pistons, 206/206 cam 62mm TB and plenum RJC power plate, THDP,Hooker cat back,340Pump,Need advise on what TURBO to get injectors and a convertor any advise would be help full lookin for low 11s maybe high 10s it mostly a street car THANKS

Well, IMHO w/ stock heads you'll have to be set on kill and lots of tuning to get into the high 10's. Your certainly going to need something quite a bit bigger than a TE44/TA49 which will go mid to high 11's w/ stock heads and all the other supporting boltons for that range and 25 psi.

I imagine many will suggest a te45a/gt67 and at least 60/65/72 injectors along with about a 3600 converter. I went with a ball bearing 66 for quick street spoolability with a small converter(3200), it actually spools pretty well with the D5 which is still in there, and still have enough airflow to produce 10 sec power but I figure I'll need heads to get there even with that turbo.

Search peoples combos and take your time and make the best informed decision you can.
my2cents.

Thanks for the advise i didnt not want to do anything to the computer i was thinking of going with 50s MSD who make your turbo and are the turbonetics turbos any good

You'll have a hard time runnin a 10 with a stock head..............Not sayin its impossible but pretty tough. You should go with the new 60#ers, no computer mod needed although the 340 will get a work out tryin to keep up. Turbonetics turbos are sweet. Maybe a big shaft 60 with a P-trim and a 3200 stall 9/11. That would go mid to low 11s with sane boost levels. 10s will be tough without low 60'.............1.5s or better and killer boost. Good luck though and let us know how ya did.

Well, a TE-61 did not get me into the 10s with stock motor. Almost, but not there yet. I tried BIG boost, but nothing over 28psi helped. So....on went a bigger turbo. Maybe a GT67 will get me there. I launch with a T-brake, and use 28" slicks, 1.51 60' with the te-61, 11.1 ET. I am going to 4.10 rear gears to use most of 4th gear, that along with a bigger turbo should get me a 10sec run.

Ok soo what do u guys think would be good for me its a street car soo i dont want to go to big i still want it to spool up quick will gt67 do the job or should i go with the pt 61 or te 61 abd what Convertor atleast for now that i can run mid to low 11s on DR Tires.
PS What size are the valves in factory head

GET THE ECM MODDED!!! GET YOUR SELF A JOHN CRAIG TE45A, AND A SET OF 65- 72lb INJECTORS. 3500 STALL CONVERTER, AND YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY YOU DID SO, YOU GO SMALLER, AND IN NO TIME YOU WILL BE SELLING THE COMBO AND GOING BIGGER!!!!

IF IT IS A DAILY DRIVER THAT YOU USE FOR YOUR PRIMARY MODE OF TRANSPORTATION STAY WITH A TE-44/TA-49. IF IT IS A WEEKEND CAR AND YOU WANT TO GO 10's, YOUR GOING TO NEED TO SPEND THE $ TO GET YOUR HEADS AND INTAKE WORKED. IF YOU WANT IT TO RUN, YOU GOTTA LET IT BREATHE. THERE ARE A FEW GUYS ON THIS BOARD THAT CAN GET YOU YOUR HEADS/INTAKE PORTED FOR UNDER $1000. RUN A SEARCH ON THE PARTS FOR SALE, IF YOU WANNA GO FAST YOU NEED DEEP POCKETS.