NEED help with 2step and trans brake

NotchedPsi

tryin to figure out a way to use my 2-step and trans brake togther any help would be much apreciated

i have a msd digital dis-4 and a two wire tran brake on my th-350. im currently doin a turbo-6 swap in my mustang and need help with this wiring

i currently have a brown and light blue wire coming out of the dis-4 how would i wire the dis-4 into the tranbrake button to activate them both at same time?

wiring diagram would be most helpful thanks guys

blue wire is to activate the two step
brown is used to disable the ingition (theft prevention)

the early dis4 (dip switch) activated the two step by grounding the blue wire , youll need to splice a relay off the 12v switched side of the transbrake solenoid (you can do this in the car)

tap transbrake solenoid 12v wire to pin 85
ground to pin 86
blue wire to pin 87
ground pin 30

see fig 1 in this link
Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays

you dont want to use a heavy duty relay

newer dis4 HO plus (dial) used 12v to activate the two step , so wiring to the brake is as easy as splicing the blue wire into the 12v switched side of the transbrake switch wire that goes to the trans brake solenoid
heres the instructs for that unit http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/Ignitions/62153_instructions.pdf

and you can get instructs from MSD at this link just enter the model #
http://www.msdignition.com/instructiondownload.aspx

If you're going to use a relay. I would recommend a digital one. You would be suprised how much your reaction time will suffer using a "normal" relay.

Back in the day, I used to run 12volt across a rocker switch directly to the trans brake and put the momentary switch on the negative side of the solenoid. This allowed me to hook the DIS4 directly to the momentary switch and allowed me to use the rocker to turn the transbrake off when normal driving so it didn't get accidently activated

thanks cal i def might look into that digital relay if u think it will benifit me,

and nick thanks pal i just may be callin ya you if i run into probs bc if it werent for u my car b4 prob wouldnt have never been running right, but with the help that was given to me i think i will look into the digital relay ang go from there, ryan is goin to stop bye next week to look over the car and help me with what lil is left to be done.

if anyone also knows were and how much the digital relay is that would help to thanks guys!

If you're going to use a relay. I would recommend a digital one. You would be suprised how much your reaction time will suffer using a "normal" relay.

Back in the day, I used to run 12volt across a rocker switch directly to the trans brake and put the momentary switch on the negative side of the solenoid. This allowed me to hook the DIS4 directly to the momentary switch and allowed me to use the rocker to turn the transbrake off when normal driving so it didn't get accidently activated

where can i get one of these from? the kid at radio shack wanted to laugh when i asked him for one.

blue wire is to activate the two step
brown is used to disable the ingition (theft prevention)

the early dis4 (dip switch) activated the two step by grounding the blue wire , youll need to splice a relay off the 12v switched side of the transbrake solenoid (you can do this in the car)

tap transbrake solenoid 12v wire to pin 85
ground to pin 86
blue wire to pin 87
ground pin 30

ok bring this up one last time for had one question

as per pacecarta relay diagram where would i splice this into the transbrake button? need to know where to splice the black/white wire off button into to? thanks guys

i cant tell you which wire by color as i have no idea how yours was wired
but if you check to where the wires go from the switch , one of the switch wires has 12v the other wire runs to the brake solenoid
just tap into the wire at the connection where it goes to the solenoid