need help with suspension.

rickyracer01

Ok guys so this past weekend I got a chance to install my new suspension. I went with dse 2 inch drop springs front and rear and a set of belltech drop shocks for front and rear also. the car did lower a good amount but the front is still pretty high up. What should be my next move? I was thinking a 2 inch drop spindle in the front since I'm not really liking the idea of cutting the springs since there new.... I add some pics so you can see the issue. Also I'm running 17 inch rims with matching height tires. First picture is stock height then the last two are after.
12101_627332227301823_476313259_n.jpg
IMG_20140228_165155.jpg
IMG_20140228_165203.jpg

Last edited:
ok so after doing some measurements i decided to cut the coils in the front 1 inch.. car dropped pretty close to where it's fine for me..

IMG_20140301_174826.jpg

How much did you cut the springs? I was going to mention you might just have to turn the springs to sit in the pockets better. Cause I have those DSE springs too and they drop the car pretty low, gona work on cutting my inner front fender wells and roll the the lip to avoid pothole rubs. But your car does look great. My top front fender line to the ground is 25 inches, and 26 in the rear. I'm running 18s and still trying to drop it another inch.
IMG_3344.JPG

I did try spinning the spring to make sure it landed in the right spot. Still didn't work so I cut exactly one coil from the top and the car dropped to almost a perfect height. I took some measurements and have 25 1/2 in the front and 25 inches in the rear. Running 17 inch rims. So far no rubbing issues. Love the rims on your car...

How much did you cut the springs? I was going to mention you might just have to turn the springs to sit in the pockets better. Cause I have those DSE springs too and they drop the car pretty low, gona work on cutting my inner front fender wells and roll the the lip to avoid pothole rubs. But your car does look great. My top front fender line to the ground is 25 inches, and 26 in the rear. I'm running 18s and still trying to drop it another inch. View attachment 216548
Very nice !!

Bryan

Thanks Guys! I hope to lower it just a little more so I can tuck half of my tires. And hopefully still keep a good ride.

c6v6 your car looks great, and the stance is perfect. Did you ever post your tire/rim combo in the tire/rim thread?

c6v6 your car looks great, and the stance is perfect. Did you ever post your tire/rim combo in the tire/rim thread?
Thanks. And no I haven't posted on that thread, just slammed Buicks thread several years back but sure I will post it there with my tire specs. Thanks for the heads up!