Need Help with Taillights

Joe Reif Sr.

I have all my lights inside and out side, turn single stop light and head light but for the rear Parking lights ?
I have put in a New light switch & all new bulbs front and back , but no PL's ?
Any ideas welcome.. :confused:

I have all my lights inside and out side, turn single stop light and head light but for the rear Parking lights ?
I have put in a New light switch & all new bulbs front and back , but no PL's ?
Any ideas welcome.. :confused:
I will bet there is a break in the brown wire (running lights)! Here's what I did, Take the drivers door Sill plate off and you will see a bunch of wires that run under it. Those wires run from your fuse box to the back of the car and they are for the taillights. The Brown wire is the "running lights" wire. What you going to have to do is check the continuity of that Brown wire with an OHM tester. One lead as close to the taillights as possible and the other lead as close to the fuse box as possible. If it DOESN'T ohm out - There is a break in the wire causing No Running lights, Then you should just run a new wire from the taillights to the test point by the fuse box and you will be fixed. If it DOES ohm out then start making sure ALL the sockets have power, The reason for this is to work from the source Backwards to the power and by doing so you will eventually find the problem..

This seems like a pretty common problem as I had this happen to my old car and we found it pretty quick by tracing the power Backwards..

Hope this helps! Keep us posted...

SW.