Need help with turbo log manifold for 455

Turbo455Skymaro

James Love
I am currently running twin turbo's on a 455 in my skymaro. The problem is that the guy that built the turbo manifolds used 1 3/8 primary tubes and It ran ok but has issues. I was wanting to build a set of log style manifolds for the 455 and would like help determining what size they should be. I was thinking that if a set of collectors is usually 3"(pi*r^2=7.068) that i could use a log manifold that is 2 by 3(H x W=6). I am thinking that if a normal non turbo 455 uses 1 7/8 headers on a 1.625 exhaust valve that the primary tubes for a turbo 455 should have been at least 1 7/8. I know that you guys are use to dealing with turbo 6's but i thought your experience with turbo's would translate over to my setup. Please help :confused: :(

1 5/8 primarys, 2.5-2 5/8" logs. These sizes have been to 1400whp that i know for a fact. No restriction.

thanks for the input, so do you think the 1 3/8 prim is not a problem. also what size turbo's do you think i should be using. I am currently using .50 in .63 exhaust.

thanks for the input, so do you think the 1 3/8 prim is not a problem. also what size turbo's do you think i should be using. I am currently using .50 in .63 exhaust.

well that narrows it down to around 1600 different turbos. No help whatsoever. We need inducer/esducer, exhaut wheel trim and size, what flange, the whole works.
As far as what to run, for twins you could do anything from twin 57-trims, all the way up to twin t-70s, and everything in-between.
Gary