Need help

t-typecrazy85

Does anyone know who many 87 regal t with 307 were made?

I have one that is black hard top ,grey interior ,bucket seats ,auto on floor,power windows,locks,tilt,ac,theft deterent,consert sound,chrome trim and chrome mirrors. It has y56 code

I know its not no turbo t ,but just wondering if it might be a little rare.

The car is in real good shape for its age and being all original.

Not looking for someone to beat me down because its not a turbo t, just trying to get some information on this car.

thanks

Not sure how many were made. It is indeed a rare car. Worth a little more than a regular Regal but not as much as a turbocharged Regal. It's basically an appearance package for those that couldn't afford a turbo Regal or thought the turbo 3.8 couldn't hold a candle to the mighty V8 they came with.

Post some pics of the car. I've always liked the looks of those cars.

here are some pics..

Doe's anybody know how many were made?

Attachments

• SANY0101.JPG
    SANY0101.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 94
  • SANY0095.JPG
    SANY0095.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 97
  • SANY0096.JPG
    SANY0096.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 87
  • SANY0097.JPG
    SANY0097.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 82
  • SANY0098.JPG
    SANY0098.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
Hey....I was reading thru my Buick book tonight.....

It says approximately 8,547 cars were built with the Y56 (T package) option. That's the option code your car has.

But on any base Regal or limited that came with a turbo, the Y56 option code was mandatory.

So....1,547 WE4's, 4268 base Regal turbos and 1,035 Regal turbo limiteds equals 6,850 non GN turbo Regals for 1987.

Which if my math is right, that would leave 1,697 non turbo Regals that came with the Y56 package.

Also the Y56 package in 1987 was optional on ANY non turbo Regal....so how many came equipped with the n/a 3.8 liter V6 versus how many came equipped with the 307 Olds I am not sure.

thanks

hey, thanks for all the info ,big help,don't know what to with car yet,undecided on either keeping it original or making turbo t??

If car is worth something the way it is then i'll probly sell it .

like to get turbo t or make one, this car would be a good start

i know its not a desirable car, but might be worth something to the right person.not no T price but better than regular regal in this shape.

Not to discourage you but to make it a "turbo" car you've got your work cut out for you. All the wiring, transplanting, etc. About the same thing in turning a 2WD truck into a 4WD. Easier to buy a turbo car to start with. But it could be done, especially if you get ahold of a wrecked turbo car with all the parts needed (engine/trans/rear end/wiring/ECM/fuel tank/intercooler/exhaust) to do the swap.

BUT one thing I would do if I had that car.....is I'd drop in a 455. :cool: Prefferbly a Stage I...you know the ones that only made 370 hp but a tire shredding 510 ft lbs of torque at only 2800 rpm.:eek:

Regardless that's a sweet looking car. If I had more money I'd take it, even if it was a 307 Olds car. Not sure that it would bring a ton of money...maybe about what a hot air would bring. Personally I'd keep it.