need help

kevin

I recently bought the old tweaked Buick.the prob I'm having is it bounces in the rear and you can hear the tires chirp all the way through the eighth.I've tried adjusting shocks,air press,big burnout,small burn out,nothing changes.and what's strange is it doesn't seem to do it the first pass.I'm stumped any thoughts? Thanks

This isn't a standard G body chassis so it won't react like a stock car. Have you scaled it yet to see where the weight's sitting? If not then that's the first thing you need to do. What you're most likely dealing with is weight transfer issues. What springs does it have in it right now? I don't remember if it's got on the rear for a 4 link so if you can take a pic and post it please.

This isn't a standard G body chassis so it won't react like a stock car. Have you scaled it yet to see where the weight's sitting? If not then that's the first thing you need to do. What you're most likely dealing with is weight transfer issues. What springs does it have in it right now? I don't remembers ill if it's got on the rear for a 4 link so if you can take a pic and post it please.
Ok I'll get a pic and no haven't weighed it but will thanks

Adjustable shocks? If they are, they need to go on a shock dyno, and see what they are valved for, how they compare.
Ft end tied down? Ft shock settings are part of getting the wt to transfer.
Car had a really hi hp engine in it, prior to you getting it, or are you tuning on the original set up?
As Charlie mentioned, scale it, and also do a layout on the suspension settings.
Is it a big tire? If so, an engine that's "low on grunt", compared to the original, could be inducing a bit of tire shake.
Video it from the rear, ft, and sides. Data log it, too.

image.jpg

Looks like you have all the "goodies". Now, to get them sorted out.
How old are the tires?

First get her scaled with you in it, just like you'd drive it down the track. Take a couple of bags of cement with you (not kidding) to put in the back after initial scaling so you can check to see what the differences are. You can move them from center to left and to right to see the effects. This will give you a better idea of where the weight is and where it needs to be. The guy doing the scaling may have weights that he can add so you may not need the bags. Once you do this then post the info.

First get her scaled with you in it, just like you'd drive it down the track. Take a couple of bags of cement with you (not kidding) to put in the back after initial scaling so you can check to see what the differences are. You can move them from center to left and to right to see the effects. This will give you a better idea of where the weight is and where it needs to be. The guy doing the scaling may have weights that he can add so you may not need the bags. Once you do this then post the info.
Ok chuck tires are old and has been sitting if say 4 yrs or more I'm making around 1000 hp