Need Ideas

Mr. Tee

GoOoSe
I want to replace the original head unit, leave the concert door panel speakers alone, and replace the dash and trunk mounted speakers...I also liked to know if there is a small enought sub that would mount up where the trunk speakers are but in the center...I dont want to have to install a cd changer...and I reallly just want clear sound not a lot of bump

you will need a wiring harness adapter kit from Metra (you can get one at your local car audio shop or through crutchfield.com)

if you do goto your local car audio shop, or a few, bring some music you like and test out some speakers.. this is the best way of picking out speaker drivers that you'll like best.. however, the sound reproduction characteristics will slightly change once you install them into your car.. see if the shop you get them from offers a try-it-out return policy.. you buy a set, try them out, if you don't like them you can exchange them for a different set.

The smallest decent sub, which would be inadaquate for a G-Body unless used in quantities of 3's or 4's or more would be a 8" sub. otherwise a quality 10" sub mounted in a small sealed enclosure driven by a moderatly powerful amp would work just fine.

I personally like JL Audio subs since they're inexpensive and JL provides detailed enclosure design specs on their website (www.jlaudio.com)

I'm about 60 miles from you, or when at work about 30 miles.. so if you'd like to meet up at some point and listen to what i have, i'd be more than happy to help.

what if I went without a sub, Whats a good headunit with a single disc cd player built into it and replacement speakers...and whats the harness for

there is a huge variety of cd player head units out there that me trying to make a single recommendation is kinda hard.. again, my best all-around recommendation is to goto a local car audio shop, best buy or other electronics retailer and test stuff out...

check crutchfield.com for what they have to offer.. see what colors, designs, layouts and features you like.. and again, goto the stores and try the stuff out.

as for the harness, it will allow you to retain the stock speaker wiring and power hook-ups without altering the stock wiring connections in case you want to go back to a stock radio at some point.. the harness will allow you to basically plug-in-play whatever new head unit you have.