Need MINT GN Steering wheel..

TClassic

Guys,

I need a MINT GN Steering wheel, antone have a GOOD QUALITY Pic of the Ones Kirban is offering now??

Contact Brian A G-bodyparts on home page. All the ones Vendors Offer are Rewraps. Not Sure If Anyone Has New Oem Ones Available? If So They Would Be Mega $$$$$$. Some Rewraps Seem To Be Better Then Others. Brian Offers Some Really Nice Ones Tho. Cheaper Too.

Brian test them all out and report back! I need to have mine done and I've been on the fence forever about it. I wanted to take a ride up Kirbans and see what his looks like in person. This is one of the things on my winter project list that's for sure..

I got mine from Chuck Pelton last year at Carlisle. Very nice steering wheel. He's mianly known for his Corvette steering wheels. I think he sold his business, but here's the number from my invoice 248.681.4336

Mark

Brian test them all out and report back! I need to have mine done and I've been on the fence forever about it. I wanted to take a ride up Kirbans and see what his looks like in person. This is one of the things on my winter project list that's for sure..

Yea, I'll be heading over to Kirbans maybe next week, got a whole Laundry list, and I'll report back then.........

Actually Chuck Pelton's sister in law now does the steering wheels...the quality of her work is second to none and IMO it comes out better than a new stock steering wheel...I had mine done a few months ago and get lots of compliments...the leather used is a little different than original but I like it better because it has a little texture to it...not like the smooth stock stuff...she normally does wheels for Vettes so I'll assume Kirban is getting his done via the same person...you won't be disappointed with her work...

Have some contact info on her? The stock wheel was textured and not smooth. They smooth out pretty quick from use. This is one of those projects you really need to touch,see, and feel so I'm not sorry later!

Guess I should have chosen my words better...I didn't mean the stock wheels were completely smooth...but I bought my GN new in 87 and can remember that the steering wheel didn't have much texture to it...I remember my hands slipping off if I put any type of Armor All or similar stuff...the leather that is used on the recovered wheels definitely has more texture than the stock ones...contact info:

Sue Serafinski
(586) 677-2719

yea, i got mine from chuck pelton too. and yes, there is a TOUCH more grain to his leather than the stockers but dont worry, if youve never had a mint cond. stocker to compare it to, you'd never know the difference. his quality is second to none. i drove about 45 min. to get to his shop, and it was sooo worth it. it totally completes the entire interior.

Nice I'm going to give him a call. I like that textured finish actually. I hate when they get all smooth like mine. It's also starting to show some wear this year so now is the time! Hopefully he's still doing them! Thanks for your input guys! :cool:

Have any pics of her work? My dads is a little rough and could use a redoing. How much did it run you?

Jason

Call James 203-605-4704. He has a mint one off of a 20k car he just took in. Its the nicest ive seen in years.

1joe208 is the sellers name on ebay. thats the only way i have now of contacting him. hes the guy i bought my wheel from direct. chuck pelton, about 40 west of detroit. great guy, and great products. check em out.