Need opinions on new truck purchase.

STAGE 2

3rd and long
In the next 3 months I'm going to be purchasing a new truck. I've narrowed it down to the new tundra and the ford F150. The way I see it the toyota wins on engine and the ford wins on interior/comfort.

I doubt there are any tundra owners here since its so new, but I'd like opinions from f150 owners who have the latest model about overall satisfaction, opinions on the engine, and anything else the would be relevant.

Thanks.

The most dependable truck I ever had was a Toyota.

Been buying American past 12 years now though.

I'm a chevy guy..but this one is hard to beat. :D

Attachments

• Resize of sr10 hemi truck.jpg
    Resize of sr10 hemi truck.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 137
I have recently thought about what truck I would buy. Probably the Toyota. Toyota seems to be bringing jobs here instead of shipping them off.

If I was going diesel, dodge would win hands down. You can't beat the cummins. However, I'm not impressed with their gas engines or their interior.

No one else has a newer F150?

If you want a truck, you Need a Diesel,

I bought an 03 Dodge 3500 quad cab with the CUMMIN's WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can pull your house down and then some!!!!!!!!!!!

if your going to be towing, the others can do it, but the Dodge can do it better!!

J M O thanks JD:D :D :D

I'd say the Toyota is going to be safer...friend hit a tree going sixty and walked away with a few scratches from glass.
I am not a fan of ford so it wouldn't be in my list at all - I would go fro the Dodge over the Ford anyday.
And hey, I'd rather be Cummins than Strokin! :D

I have had a few 05 Ford F-150's on the lot for sale. I will admit they are nice interior wise. The convience controls just aren't as nice as could be. There isn't really much bad to say other than IMO the ford is still cheap on the inside overall compared to a Chevy. I am admittedly a Chevy man so I guess I am a little bias. Between the two it would be the Ford for me, the toyota has a few years to go IMO...

Good luck!

The first truck I ever had was a Chevy. Then I replaced it with a Ford and since vowed never to get a GM truck again. Now after several years have passed, I'm about to replace that one with another Ford because I've been very pleased with it...Why go to another manufacturer if the one you have pleases you?...(I'm looking to buy a '05-'07 F-350 Powerstroke dually...);)
As for Dodge and Toyota, I prefer remaining polite and not to say anything...:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Claude :)

f150 its a great truck i dont see alot of them broken down in the dealership iwork in. seen a couple of injectors and intake gaskets but thats about it.
and i wouldnt own a 6.0Ltr if they were giving diesel away and gas was $5.00
a gallon ive seen to many of those things broken down they dont like to start in the cold weather and plus they smell. update, the 6.4Ltr diesel looks to be just as big of P.O.S as the 6.0 i wish the 7.3 was still alive. but i still love my 6.8 v10 its been dead reliable and it will pull a house down . so the long and the short fo my rambling buy the ford . remember its built ford tough !!!

Looks like the new Tundra will follow in the foot steps of previous models as far as being over built....and that's a real good thing. That new truck has a wicked driveline...it's something you would see under a 3/4 ton truck! My buddy has a new F150 and IMO it's junk. We hooked my 24' flatbed to it and put another vehicle on it....the frig'n bumper was damn near drag'n on the ground....no suspension to speak of for towing anything else other then your 4 wheeler.... but they do ride nice unloaded if that's what your going to do with it. If I didn't need my 1 ton, I'd have a new Tundra in the driveway in a minute. Toyota is my vote...hands down!!

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but if you haven't already made a purchase....I would avoid the new Tundra. They are nothing but trouble from what I read.

Numerous recalls for faulty brakes, ball joints, steering problems...and to top it off they are now being recalled for faulty cam shafts. There have been over 20 cam breakages so far...yikes!