need some help

bb's turbo t

need some help with a part i'm not sure what the heck it is. I was replacing some vacuum lines and was inspecting the PCV valve line. I have a heavy duty brass pcv valve but above it in the line is a restictor which is also brass. I have 2 questions: Is it needed ? and if it is which end goes towards the intake? Took it apart and forgot which way it was installed. thanks and i can post pictures later if needed.

blow on it if it it blows thru that part faces up when you blow on it and nothing comes out the other end (check valve) that would be placed toward pcv,

you dont want air going into the pcv it'll blow your gaskets out the check valve is in place to help prevent boost escape the pcv which most auto parts pcv valves only hold about 10# o boost after that they'll leak causing boost to leak and it'll push out gaskets, so previous owner put the check valve to help the pcv creat a leak free seal but also allows the crankcase to breath so lastly blow on the check valve whichever side air doesnt go thru put it towards the pcv valve the other side which allows air to flow thru put it towards the intake to allow the pcv to breath under vacuum.. got it?

you dont want air going into the pcv it'll blow your gaskets out the check valve is in place to help prevent boost escape the pcv which most auto parts pcv valves only hold about 10# o boost after that they'll leak causing boost to leak and it'll push out gaskets, so previous owner put the check valve to help the pcv creat a leak free seal but also allows the crankcase to breath so lastly blow on the check valve whichever side air doesnt go thru put it towards the pcv valve the other side which allows air to flow thru put it towards the intake to allow the pcv to breath under vacuum.. got it?
got it. thanks for the lesson.