Need turbo rebuilt

Yep, I know Bison rebuilds turbos and he would be my first choice if the turbo was actually worth something. Its an old turbo not worth much, but I just want to put it back on the car short term. I have a brand new Precision 7168, but I need to modify the exhaust and that wont happen for a few months. Can't stand the fact I cant run the car, so this is just short term.

NyBlankets said:
Yep, I know Bison rebuilds turbos and he would be my first choice if the turbo was actually worth something. Its an old turbo not worth much, but I just want to put it back on the car short term. I have a brand new Precision 7168, but I need to modify the exhaust and that wont happen for a few months. Can't stand the fact I cant run the car, so this is just short term.

What's it doing. Leaking?

NyBlankets said:

I can sell you the parts you need if the balance was good and the wheels haven't hit.

Yes, the seal went bad. Its an old John Craig 60-1 turbo with a 4 bolt exhaust flange and on center housing from 1994.

I took it apart, the wheels look fine. Let me know what you think I may need a how much Bison.
Do I need special tools?

NyBlankets said:
Yes, the seal went bad. Its an old John Craig 60-1 turbo with a 4 bolt exhaust flange and on center housing from 1994.

I took it apart, the wheels look fine. Let me know what you think I may need a how much Bison.
Do I need special tools?

Just get a kit and snap ring pliers

NyBlankets said:

Do I need special tools?

If didn't mark the wheels it should be re-balanced. Determine the shaft diameter .250" or .3125" and email me pics of the turbine shaft in the sealing ring area. A nice clean shot of the sealing ring groove with the ring removed.