need vave body

monte379

i am looking for a good valve body for a mid 12 second v-8 montecarlo.
bought a 2004r for core to rebuild but need a valve body. i heard the CZ , CQ, BR & BQ are good ones but are there any others that are as good. the montecarlo ss and grand national stuff are a little tricky to find. any info and help would be appreciated. thanks

I believe I have a

Cq believe that would be for an 85 Monte. Where in In?

I have a large collection of valve bodies and governors. Would need to know the engine and axle ratio to make a suggestion.

3500 lb car w/driver , 355 sbc approx. 350-400 hp , probally go with 4:10 gears , i manually shift so shift timing is not real critical. i will be shifting at about 6000rpm but automatic shifts some where around 5500 would be fine. i know a couple of people that have some valve bodies lying around that i could get for next to nothing. just trying to figure out which all valve bodies are worth while. hoping to be able to find one super cheap to modify. dont want to spend much for a factory valve body. if i have to spend much i would rather put that money towards a after market valve body from one of the vendors on here. hoping i dont have to do that so i can spend my money on a good converter instead. thanks for any help