New 109 Blocks For Sale

If I am not mistaken these were at 900 or so on the same site a while back, patience, they may go down ;-)

Without wanting to sound like too much of an A-hole, why would you buy a new block for $ 1200 when you can buy a seasoned block from your local wrecking yard for $100 -200 bucks? I'm not knocking the folks at Highway Stars because they are good people but it's just a stock block. You be out of pocket better than a grand and have nothing better than you started with.

Neal

I just went through the horror of getting a used block, finding a crack, etc, etc so piece of mind I suppose, but I am with you 750HP it is still cheaper to go that route because after a mag, clean and hone (or bore) it would still be cheaper and I am poor :)

I wonder if they are sg1 blocks or regular production without a vin

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

They're replacement blocks without a vin. An 'sg1' block is a regular production block (not to be confused with a stage1 unit) . Back then it was used for replacements and warranty items

They're replacement blocks without a vin. An 'sg1' block is a regular production block (not to be confused with a stage1 unit) . Back then it was used for replacements and warranty items

That's what I was thinking, because it would be understood if its labeled "sg1" why it doesn't have a vin...if someone was to be that technical

The blocks were manufactured and sent to an oil testing lab back in the 80's. They were never meant to be installed in an actual car. Once the lab stopped using a N/A 3.8 as it's test mule the blocks sat on pallets growing dust until they made their way to the GN community.

The blocks were manufactured and sent to an oil testing lab back in the 80's. They were never meant to be installed in an actual car. Once the lab stopped using a N/A 3.8 as it's test mule the blocks sat on pallets growing dust until they made their way to the GN community.

Good info earl