>>new 87 Grand national with f.a.s.t system ecu.<<

thenasty6

i just bought a new 87GN. and it has the fast system installed on it. ive been looking online but do not know were to find the software to link it to my laptop for programming etc.
any help would be awesome...

thanks alot! is there anything i need to do after i download or am i pretty much plug and play.?

Read the manual step by step carefully. You will probably need to flash the box when installing the new software, if its an XFI version.

no manual... guy didnt give me any information on it. didnt even know it was in there till i looked under the seat trying to find the ecu, because it has kick panel speakers installed so i knew it wasnt in the stock location.

OK its a classic then , you will need software 1.020 and a usb adapter if you laptop has no serial port. You will need a fast usb cable, or radio shack gigawire with a prolific compatible chipset. You must connect on com ports 1-4 no higher

Will a serial port to USB adapter work? That's what I was gonna order off the internet since I don't have a serial port.

ok im getting the gigaware one from radioshack. now does this come with the "prolific compatible chip set" you mentioned?

Yes it is compatible, it is proven to work.

Ok thank you. That's perfect.
Sorry to ask so much just new to this.
after I have the adapter and I downloaded the soft ware from the link the guy gave me from above, at the top of the post. Us there anything else I need to know and/or do?

You will need to make sure the usb adapter is on serial ports 1 to 4, this can be done in device manager, in windows. Not sure where it is in windows 7 if your running that. You should also install the usb adapter drivers 1st thing. When your ready to connect turn the key on and press F2 and it say online.

ok i got everything online.... any tips?
btw thanks alot

I have many tips...... 1st of all is the car running good as is? Save the program right away before you do any mods in case you have to change it back. Do you know how to do that?

is it save all tables>?
and actually its driving me crazy.... it drives fine once u get it going but at a idle its a little rough and to keep it on u have to have ur foot on the gas, and let off of it slowly otherwise it will shut off if u take ur foot off to quickly. so i end up having to keep my foot a little on the gas when breaking and and slowly take my foot off when at a light so it can idle on its own. sucks.....

That is an easy fix. Yes it is save all tables. YOu can send me the file via email but I will need some datalogs to tune it. IN the software read the help section on how to do everything. A good data log for setting up the car will include the following terms. Also what fuel and boost you intend to run ............

Actual AF, o2 correction, VE, RPM, KPA, Spark advance, IAC target, CTS corr. AFT.corr, esc retard, coolant temp., TPS

I got it, the program looks good I am impressed. The former owner knew his stuff....It just needs some minor tweaks for street use.