New A Arms/Brakes for my GN

ponyetr

Hey guys,

Slowly but surely putting the beast back together. Anyone got ideas on the best tubular a arms and complete front brake system? Probably going with some 16" GNX type wheels.

I bought some tubular a-arms from Gbody parts and you can't beat the LS1 12" disc brake setup price wise if you can incorporate used parts. ;)

Attachments

• Picture 227.jpg
    Picture 227.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 372
Hey guys,

Slowly but surely putting the beast back together. Anyone got ideas on the best tubular a arms and complete front brake system? Probably going with some 16" GNX type wheels.

I bought the Global West arms with the Del a lum bushings on the left and brass bushings in the right and went with fbody spindles. The problem I found after the fact I installed lower springs and didnt know the f body spindles lower the car an inch already.

I bought some tubular a-arms from Gbody parts and you can't beat the LS1 12" disc brake setup price wise if you can incorporate used parts. ;)

Everytime i see that setup makes me want to do mine ASAP!!:smile:

I finally got the caliper mount brackets. Did you paint or powdercoat your brackets or calipers?

Thinking about what to do for mine.

Thanks John.

As always, the car looks great!!:biggrin:

Everytime i see that setup makes me want to do mine ASAP!!:smile:

I finally got the caliper mount brackets. Did you paint or powdercoat your brackets or calipers?

Thinking about what to do for mine.

Thanks John.

As always, the car looks great!!:biggrin:

Thankyou, kindly! :smile: You should move forward on the installation. It's a great upgrade and these setups will become plentiful soon, as 98s go to the boneyards in increasing numbers. As for appearance, I just paint them. Obviously, these parts will get dirty over time, so an occasional cleaning and detail with spray can in hand is a pretty easy and inexpensive way to keep these assemblies looking like new.

MODIFIED SPINDLES:

Attachments

• modified spindles 1.jpg
    modified spindles 1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 309
Hey guys,

Well to be totally honest with you one needs to know what you intend on doing with your car in order to recommend the BEST anything for your car!

There are many different ways you can go with both A-arms and brakes but it boils down to what the car will be used for.

Scot W.

Well to be totally honest with you one needs to know what you intend on doing with your car in order to recommend the BEST anything for your car!

There are many different ways you can go with both A-arms and brakes but it boils down to what the car will be used for.

Scot W.

Scott and I have discussed this more than once. I agree totally here. What are you trying to do with it. Drag, street, autocross, or road racing? Give us some idea of what you intend so we can give you a better idea of what to do with her.:smile:

It's just gonna be a street car, no dragging. Engine and tranny's got a little done to it, nothing crazy.

It's just gonna be a street car, no dragging. Engine and tranny's got a little done to it, nothing crazy.
So, No dragging, no autocrossing?

I wouldn't waste the money on tubular A arms then, I would stick the money into Springs & Shocks and some Wheels & Tires and then change out the front & rear sway bars and you will have a car that handles Very good for a just a street car.

Any more than just street driven I would recommend A-arms and other stuff but if it's just for driving around town and stuff you will be very impressed with what Wheels & Tires do for it alone.

Scot W.

So, No dragging, no autocrossing?

I wouldn't waste the money on tubular A arms then, I would stick the money into Springs & Shocks and some Wheels & Tires and then change out the front & rear sway bars and you will have a car that handles Very good for a just a street car.

Any more than just street driven I would recommend A-arms and other stuff but if it's just for driving around town and stuff you will be very impressed with what Wheels & Tires do for it alone.

Scot W.

As far as street driven I really would say get the tubular uppers and leave the rest alone. The stock uppers are week just behind the ball joint and can bend. This is one of the things Scott and I disagree on. You can get the arms fairly cheaply so it's a good upgrade.:biggrin:

I know its a little off topic but would dse or spohn adjustable control arms be to much for the street? Should I just go witj boxed? To be fair 65 down mountain roads is going easy for me...:cool:

If your uper front A-arm bushings are needing replaced I would just get the g-body arms by the time you buy new bushings and ball joints your not that far off from the coast of tubular a arms and you no longer have a ruber bushing to melt out from heat from the down pipe. And if you have to pay some ne to press the old bushings and ball joints out and put the new ones in you may pay the cost of new tubular a arms.

will LS1 brakes fit inside a stock GTA wheel?
if yes, then i want to see pics.. i want to add those brakes to both my Regal and my 86 Camaro, and both cars have GTA wheels that i don't want to get rid of.