New BBQ grill is awesome! Heres the link.

Buddy of mine has it. He claims it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I guess there motto is "If you are lookin, you ain't cookin".

I had a choice between a Hollander grill and some other grill which was bigger with a few more options which I purchased. I now wished I had purchased the Hollander one.

I BBQ quite a bit and the one thing I don't like doing is having to baby sit the food. If the meat has fat in it you can bet it will start flame ups.

I had heard the Hollander was going to come out with a dual burner instead of the single but I never did see it. I need to read the link and see if I see any mention of it.

If anyone is seriously in buying a grill, this is the one to buy.

My 2 cents

Dannyo

He says he pre-heats it and puts his meat on for "X" amount of time. Like cooking in a oven. When you open the grill, you let out all the heat.

Thats exactly right

This is my second one.
Just put the meat on the grill for x amount of minutes, depending on thickness, texture etc. You only lift the lid to put the meat on, turn it, and take it off.

Leaves everything real moist.

Heck you can even bake pies on it, biscuits, or whatever.

absolutely the best grill I have ever owned. There is another brand called Pheonix that is similar. The Heritage is about $650 and around $800+ for the stainless model. Whole chickens sprinkled with a product called Adobo from Goya. Top notch.:eek:

bought my heritage for 400.00 bux.

Our local Gas company is a dealer for them. They held a hamburger cook out at dinner one day to promote the grill. Only about 20 people showed up and they cooked about 40 burgers on it. Sold it to me as a demo.:)

It seems like ALOT of people love it and that there is a cult around it. I am looking for a new grill and like the Holland 'tradional' that can also be used a smoker. My main issue is that I like to burn the steak when I first put it on and burn the ribs at the end when I cut each one apart. It seems that if you like burned food then this grill would not work for you. Am I wrong?

not to be a smarty but if your not cooking with wood your grilling. BBQ is wood only. I love my closter BBQ pit from texas.

Chevy II ... Right on, if your cooking with gas your grill'n, now with wood your BBQ'NNNN.... If you have not smoked your ribs or turkey (takes about 6 to 8 hours) you have not eat'n real bbq...... I have had my texas smoker for 6 years... When I cook hamburgs n dogs I use my gas grill.....
JoeHorvtih

I do butt roast for 16 hours/ribs 6. I just had a truck load of black cherry logs dropped today. Like you said there is nothing like slow cooked pork with wood.

chevyII said:
not to be a smarty but if your not cooking with wood your grilling. BBQ is wood only. I love my closter BBQ pit from texas.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!
I love REAL BBQ, low & slow is the only way to go!
All styles too, Texas, KC, Memphis, SC, Chicago, etc etc.
As a matter of fact, I have a brisket marinating right now for tomorrow nights dinner. Mmmmmmmmm

When I cook hamburgs n dogs I use my gas grill.....
YIKES!!!! :eek: Why even subject burgers and dogs to.....gas?
I always get complements for my burgers, poor souls never thought a plane ol' hamburger could taste so good.
I Q them about an hour with the typical beer/water/onion steam pan by the coals and mop or baste (I use a sprayer) every 15 minutes.
Hot dogs at the cool end for 15-20 minutes (or as done as you like) I think still taste better then gassed dogs. Hey, ya gotta snack on something while waiting for the main course right!

BTW no "flame ups' here either with the off set firebox.
It's easy even for a halfway decent pit master to keep meat moist cookin' with wood. <why does that last line sound dirty? :biggrin: >